X

Iridium Windscreens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iridium Windscreens

Guys, I am sure this is the wrong place for the post but I do not have enough posts to post where I think it should go.

I am in need of a Iridium Windscreen yellow if possible I wish to improve my visibility to others around me.

Someone direct me to a site pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. I have spent many hours looking and found nothing, I am apparently looking in the wrong places. I saw a 2001 Katana for sale in my area several months ago with the same windscreen. Thanks in advance for all help.

Iridium you say .....I left that website info beside my flux capasitor favourites .Where is that plutonium spray for defogging the disc brakes is my next question .

jk
    good luck finding it
    I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

how about here
      Discover the pinnacle of motorcycle windscreen technology at Zero Gravity Windscreens. Our precision-crafted windscreens, including the iconic Double Bubble, boast unparalleled optics for various sport bike models. Crafted using advanced 'vacuum forming' techniques, akin to aircraft canopy production

iridium is a grade of NGK spark plug
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

While your getting one of them.. Might as well pick up some of these...

04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

I appreciate the intelligent response, I have checked that website and they do not have the year I required. Thanks for your help.

To clarify Iridium means many things, one of them is a type of spark plug in name and in application.

I will assume the 2 lame replies mean simply you guys neither understand the term iridium nor are capable of understanding the term. But do understand Google.

I shall in any case enlighten you and this will be knowledge learned for a lifetime.

Iridium is a coating in various colors typically used in Oakley sunglasses for example those are things that go on your face to block the bad rays from the orange ball in the sky. This application is visually appealing, offers many benefits one of them being polarization.

However iridium has uses as corrosion blocker that means resists oxidation that means rust that means the flakey substance that occurs when oxidation occurs.
          Last edited by xarcherx; 07-11-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Originally posted by xarcherx View Post
              I appreciate the intelligent response, I have checked that website and they do not have the year I required. Thanks for your help.

To clarify Iridium means many things, one of them is a type of spark plug in name and in application.

I will assume the 2 lame replies mean simply you guys neither understand the term iridium nor are capable of understanding the term. But do understand Google.

I shall in any case enlighten you and this will be knowledge learned for a lifetime.

Iridium is a coating in various colors typically used in Oakley sunglasses for example those are things that go on your face to block the bad rays from the orange ball in the sky. This application is visually appealing, offers many benefits one of them being polarization.

However iridium has uses as corrosion blocker that means resists oxidation that means rust that means the flakey substance that occurs when oxidation occurs.
              You know, at first I kinda got my hackles up reading this, 'cuz really, who comes to a new website and asks a question then gets all snarky about the answers he gets? But I do kinda respect the stylish smack down that was applied here.

As I can Google too...

Airblade seems to be the only one made specifically for the Kat. There are mixed feelings about the pros and cons of the double bubble windscreens.

That being said you might find just a colored windscreen sufficient to your needs. Since you don't really look through the windscreen many of the benefits of the iridium coating are superfluous. If you arr going for high visibility you might even consider having it painted with eye catching designs and/or colors as an alternative.
              Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I know exactly what you're talking about (being an Oakley fanatic) and I've been searching for the "fire" equivalent windscreen with no luck. I'll continue to search and let you know if I find anything.
                1998 Suzuki Katana 600
                - Delkevic exhaust, Ivan's Stage 1 Jet Kit, Holeshot 5* Timing Advancer, Integrated Hayabusa rear turn signals, brake light, Grips, Taller Black windscreen, Rear fender chop

Comment

Originally posted by xarcherx View Post

I loved that response

Im a little sick of people answering like a douche here on the first sniff of someone new that might ask about stuff that is not stated in the owners manual.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                    i loved that response :d

im a little sick of people answering like a douche here on the first sniff of someone new that might ask about stuff that is not stated in the owners manual.
                    +10000000
                    Last edited by brentwoodkris; 07-11-2011, 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I have to agree that as a brand new Kat owner and member of KR it seems that we newbies are often treated rather harshly for trying to learn about our newly acquired passion. There are thousands of posts on here and neither of the search functionalities are great, and as I have a finite of time to spend on the net (I prefer to spend it on the bike) you would think this community would be a little more understanding. IMO.....
                      ...I dream of things that never were, and I ask why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                        You know, at first I kinda got my hackles up reading this, 'cuz really, who comes to a new website and asks a question then gets all snarky about the answers he gets? But I do kinda respect the stylish smack down that was applied
                        Snarky attitude and stylish smack downs. Going to fit in beautifully around here.
                        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by iaskwhynot View Post
                          I have to agree that as a brand new Kat owner and member of KR it seems that we newbies are often treated rather harshly for trying to learn about our newly acquired passion. There are thousands of posts on here and neither of the search functionalities are great, and as I have a finite of time to spend on the net (I prefer to spend it on the bike) you would think this community would be a little more understanding. IMO.....
                          While I appreciate your frustration and admit some of the answers to new posters are a bit snarkey sometimes I also get the frustration of those who answer the same questions over and over for folks that refuse to try to help themselves. A few quotes from new people:

"I know this is probably here, but I don't feel like looking for it"

"I saw in another thread there was a link that answered my question, but I didn't read it"

Or just flat out ignoring/arguing with the real and hard earned advice given. By starting the post out with "I know this isn't the right place but I don't have the post count..." This post did have the feel of another future Darwin Award candidate's derp. Only on second glance so you notice the lack of painfully bad spelling and grammar. Combine that with looking for something that is incredibly obscure in the application and well, it's a perfect storm.

While I won't say the poster deserved the smart-arse replies, he did frame his question in a way that resembled some really bad experiences for the experts here.

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
                          Snarky attitude and stylish smack downs. Going to fit in beautifully around here.
                          Last edited by Badfaerie; 07-11-2011, 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

powerbronze sells Iridium windsheilds

Last edited by rexazz2; 08-25-2011, 12:13 PM.
                            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                              powerbronze sells Iridium windsheilds

http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/default.aspx
                              So does Harris Racing. I almost bought one. In retrospect I should have cuz now I cant find one.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X