X

windscreen cut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen cut

has anyone cut their windscreen, and if so what did you use to cut it down. i'm thinking something like a grinder as opposed to a jig saw so there is less vibration.

Dremel with a pre drawn line ftw

Comment

Scroll saw for the super win...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

High speed cut-off tool,works fine!

Comment

Cut mine with a Dremel.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Can anyone show pics of the final results?

Comment

on the pre.... cut it with a dremal then sand the edges
              post kats buy a used EX500 windscreen. trace the bottom shape of the kat windscreen onto the ex500 screen, cut it out and bolt it on.
              mine is held on with the lower center bolt and a hevy zip tie on the sides.

my bike with an EX500 windscreen

friends with 2" off the top

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I did a chop like you are talking about originally. I just used a dremel tool with a cut off wheel. below are a few pictures.

If you don't mind taking off your fairings, and spending a few extra bucks (around $40) you should go with the Ninja EX500 screen like Hardly Dangerous is talking about. It looks much better.
                Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

my bike after the windscreen chop

how it looks now with the EX500 screen
                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

I cut mine with a jigsaw and cracked it right in half. The second one I cut, I used a high-speed cut off wheel and it worked great. Then just some light sand paper on th edges.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Speakin of that Harbor Freight has a dremel kit on sale for $9.99. Gonna have to pick that up after work today

Comment

I used an angle grinder on my pre-kat windscreen as a temp. set up before I took the cluster apart. Then used a bit of sand paper to even it down.

-------------

Comment

Working...
                      X