X

vance and hines or d&d

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vance and hines or d&d

I have a pre 600 which full exhaust is better the vance and hines supersport or the D&D

Better?

What do you mean better?

The D&D is louder... anoyingly so.

The V&Hs is still loud, but I like the sound better.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have the d&d street version on my post kat, and a v&h super sport on my wifes bandit. I like the sound of both of them. I dont think the d&d is that much louder, and im my opinion looks better on my kat. I really dont think you can go wrong either way.

Comment

I guess I wanna know which one sounds better

Comment

Originally posted by sj032885 View Post
          Thats a matter of your opinion
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by sj032885 View Post
            Go to YouTube and check out several vids. The sound may be crappy, but there's a good chance you'll find a vid that allows you to hear what they sound like. I personally liked the sound of a D&D on my Kat, but you may hate it. You've got to make up your own mind.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

You know, if you swap to a 98+ exhaust header, oil pan, and oil pick up. You can use ANY slip on you want. It's doesn't have to be V&H or D&D. (insert Two Brothers plug here)

Comment

I had a D&D and it was nasty loud. I liked it, but a 1 hour+ ride was a headache creator. Two times small children ran away from the sidewalk holding their ears, no joke.

Now I have a Hindle and like it as well. Still miss the "race" sound of the D&D, but it is nice to be "quiet" when you want to but still have a refined loudness when you get on it. And like arsenic said, do the swap then have your pick of all of the options.

From other bikes I have heard, a Yosh is about the most "complex" sounding- meaning it sounds more like a nicely tuned engine... Think import vs. american muscle. My opinion anyway...
                -2000 "750"

Comment

I have and like D&D. It has a deep rumble, especially when idling. They have kind of a muscle car sound. I don't find that it any louder than most pipes, but definately does not have that bee swarm sound that I personally find annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                    I had a D&D and it was nasty loud. I liked it, but a 1 hour+ ride was a headache creator. Two times small children ran away from the sidewalk holding their ears, no joke.

Now I have a Hindle and like it as well. Still miss the "race" sound of the D&D, but it is nice to be "quiet" when you want to but still have a refined loudness when you get on it. And like arsenic said, do the swap then have your pick of all of the options.

From other bikes I have heard, a Yosh is about the most "complex" sounding- meaning it sounds more like a nicely tuned engine... Think import vs. american muscle. My opinion anyway...
                    Was your d&d the "street" or "race"? I have the street and dont think its THAT loud...

Comment

On the bike when I bought it so not sure. My guess is race needing repacked. I used to work one mile from home and the wife could hear it if I revved it.. Of course other external factors are involved in the sound traveling, but still..
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

I've got a full D&D exhaust on my post-Kat and it sounds nothing short of awesome. Not too loud - and never fails to turn heads and generate compliments. But as several others already mentioned, it just boils down to what YOU like. Definitely check out some video samples where you can.

Comment

I have a d&d pretty loud lol more so than my unkles 08 Honda cbr 600rr stock I may change it later but I like it for rite now

Comment

If I had to choose between the D&D or the Vance&Hines I'd go with the V&H sound wise, plus I personally like the look of it better. If you where willing to do the post pan/header swap I'd go with an Post RS-3 Yoshimura, not just because I've got one, but its in my option sounds a little cleaner.
                            Richard
                            96 Suzuki GSX750F
                            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                            05 Yamaha WR450F
                            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X