X

4-2 exhaust on pre 750??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-2 exhaust on pre 750??

i have an 89 750 with stock exhaust.. i really like the look of the 4-2 pipes and not so much the 4-1. but i want a bit louder and a bit more power (if posible) and was woundering if anyone makes an aftermarket 4-2 exhaust for the pre 750's or if i have to put on a couple slipons.. ive searched a bit and couldnt find anything.
    thanks
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Slip-ons or modify your stock cans.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

There used to be some "cobra F1" pipes that were made as slip ons, and would work and sounded good. No longer made new.

You can "adapt" options that are dual slip ons for your stock exhuast to make them work. Choose cans that have adjustable strap mountings.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

so basically no "full" 4-2 exhaust? either 4-1 or slip-ons or mod an existing 4-2 pipe.... ill find a couple slip-ons that i like then and do some mods with it.. i've seen some slipons on ebay called "sito"? has anyone heard of them? kinda look like the stock pipes?
        Last edited by boomer_95; 05-14-2011, 10:59 AM.
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
          so basically no "full" 4-2 exhaust? either 4-1 or slip-ons or mod an existing 4-2 pipe.... ill find a couple slip-ons that i like then and do some mods with it.. i've seen some slipons on ebay called "sito"? has anyone heard of them? kinda look like the stock pipes?

You can start with a Post kat 4-1 downtubes or other fitting exhaust downtubes, and have a muffler shop make them 4-2 setup if you want larger down pipes.

Cut the single collector off, and then group 2 each up with new pipe and make a H connector and midpipes... then run some slip on cans at the tail.

You would probably invest less $ doing that than buying a complete system 4-2 new.

You can also just run a Y pipe off the 4-1 systems to split and come out either side for dual cans. Custom midpipes and the cans is all you would need then. Probably get each midpipe made for around $40 or less.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Breeze custom modded dual Scorpions on his bike, looked wicked.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X