Looking for exhaust suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for exhaust suggestion

'93 kat 750
    I currently have a Vance and Hines supersport exhaust on my kat and it sounds like a straight pipe. I'm looking for a slip-on hopefully priced under $250 that will silence/deepen the exhaust note a bit. I just don't really want to be heard 1 mile away unless I'm really getting on it.
    Thanks for any suggestions

Originally posted by c_optic View Post
    '93 kat 750
    I currently have a Vance and Hines supersport exhaust on my kat and it sounds like a straight pipe. I'm looking for a slip-on hopefully priced under $250 that will silence/deepen the exhaust note a bit. I just don't really want to be heard 1 mile away unless I'm really getting on it.
    Thanks for any suggestions
    Spend $20 and purchase a repacking kit for the exhaust can, and buy some stainless button cap hex head screws.

Drill out the rivits, remove the end, repack the can, use the stainless screws to put the cap back on so it's easier for next time. (You may need to drill the holes first, to determin the specific size screw you need to go back in for threading purposes).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Or use sheet metal screws.

+1 on repacking. Makes a huge difference on that pipe.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

will do thanks.....

Comment

My 99 katana 600 exhaust

hey anyone have a review for me on the d&d full exhaust set up for my 99 katana 600? good bad? awful? great? can anyone help me out?

Comment

D&D have a reputation for being loud and rusting out quicker than others.

Comment

I have a delkelvic 18" slipon bought off of ebay for like 200 to250. Sounds throaty and the nieghbors dont hate me!!!!! LOL

Comment

I just put a d&d on my 02 and I like it so far. It is loud, not open header loud but still loud.

Comment

There's 2 different core for the d&d. The race core obviously is louder and doesn't actually do all that much for performance. If you get the street core its definitely bearable by almost anyones standards imo.

Comment

Originally posted by EDGE9480 View Post
                    I have a delkelvic 18" slipon bought off of ebay for like 200 to250. Sounds throaty and the nieghbors dont hate me!!!!! LOL
                    Was gonna recommend Delkevic also, heard good things about them including from my mechanic which means something to me...

Comment

Working...
                    X