X

Quick Compatability Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Compatability Question

One of the other members here has a 91 600. I have a 2000 600. He wants my stock pipe and I want his yoshi. I guess the question is if we both just undo our pipes at the collector, will they swap? If I have to weld a new tab or something thats fine.
    2000 Katana 600

Originally posted by SovereignDragon View Post
    One of the other members here has a 91 600. I have a 2000 600. He wants my stock pipe and I want his yoshi. I guess the question is if we both just undo our pipes at the collector, will they swap? If I have to weld a new tab or something thats fine.

I'm afraid not quite...

The stock can on the post is going to be much longer than the pre... by about 2-3". This means your mounting point and the Pre kats wont' match up.

You can work around it... but it's not an exact match between them.

You also need to check how the header/collector match up and get sizing info. I know the post inserts into the collector. My full system (V&H system) slips over the collector.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well, I work at a full service shop and we have the equipment to make complete exhaust systems so it sounds like no big deal to me. I just need to see if the guy on the other end of this deal doesn't mind having to take off a couple inches and possibly flare out the tip to fit over the stock pre collector if needed.
      2000 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
      X