X

D & D users....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D & D users....

I just recently purchased a 1998 Katana 600 and I want to change my exhaust. Currently I am just running the stock exhaust, for those of you who went from stock to D&D, was there a big difference in gas mileage? Was it a big difference? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I cant give you numbers but I still got better mileage than my 2 buddies on their Yamaha cruisers
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks Rex bur it doesn't have to be accurate numbers just a good estimate, I just want to know if it will really affect it much, since I use my Kat to commute to work.

Comment

i don't have my kat anymore, but when i made the swap i didn't notice any real difference in mileage. probably the only thing i noticed was stock jetting was perhaps tiny bit too lean so at extreme top ends it would cut out a bit, but i'm talking around 110+, so around town i had no issues what so ever.
        2004 Katana
        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

No noticable change in milage, better or worse. I have had no issues with the reported cutting out at high rpms, either.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

A slip on will make no difference in performance or gas mileage.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks SilentTJ and Scout kind of what I wanted to hear. As far as cutting out on me I wouldn't worry to much about that, the fastest I have gotten on my Kat was 95 but I rarely go over 80. Now after paying some bills this month looks like I'll get my D&D slip on at the end of the month. Can't wait!!! Thanks again fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by chito2004lakers View Post
                Thanks Rex bur it doesn't have to be accurate numbers just a good estimate, I just want to know if it will really affect it much, since I use my Kat to commute to work.
                the only difference I noticed when I put the stock can back on was the bike warmed up and came off choke faster
                I had the stock can on breifly while trying to sell the bike, figured I could maybe sell the D&D seperately
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                X