Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how to make a stock exhaust sound better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make a stock exhaust sound better?

Hey I have a 92 750 and I was wondering if there’s a way to make the exhaust sound better without buying a new one. I just want more of a deeper or louder sound!

Remove baffles.....stick rebar in...smash with hammer....just saying, but wouldn't actually recommend it, just what someone told me I could do on my Post Kat.
    '98 GSX750F SOLD
    Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

yea i thought of removing the baffles but i dont want to do anything that will blow me up lol

Comment

search "poor mans exhaust"
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by NCamiolo View Post
          Remove baffles.....stick rebar in...smash with hammer....just saying, but wouldn't actually recommend it, just what someone told me I could do on my Post Kat.
          Be careful with this. It makes the bike LOUD. Not just LOUD, but "Harleys next to you at the stop light will check to make sure their bike is still running" loud. Also "Your wife will know your coming 5 mins before you get home 'cuz she can hear your bike across town" loud. Or, what I like to call "give you migraine with earplugs" loud.

Kreylyn did this to his 93 750 oh, so long ago, before we met. The exhaust has been replaced since. I like stock exhaust now, I like being able to hear myself think over the noise of my husband's motorcycle when it's within a mile of me.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

****BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****

Any all the harley riders were like ...

and my head was like...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

stock pipes kill people

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i think somewhere between stock and DD is nice...a nice low throaty sound, and a roar up top.

i wouldnt mess with the stock pipe...i would buy a slipon OR make your own exhaust with stainless steel pack stuffed, and some baffles.
                03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

My wife's '06 kat 600 had been jetted and had a short drag piep on it and was irritatingly loud so I got a stock can and just removed the outer end baffle. Its not real quiet but not stupid loud, has a good rumble to it on the bike and when you're behind it.
                  sigpic
                  Sometimes life throws you a few curves...lean with it ! !

Comment

Yea. Cut the baffles out of th v&h pipe on my gs500e. Made it louder than my uncles electaglide. If I idled it down it even sounded like a harley. Till I goosed the throttle
                    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

i had my debaffled but left some there too as it was way to loud with it all gone. I cut both the ends of my can gutted it and welded it back up so it still looks standard. It is quiet at idle just a lil rumble then crank the throttle open and listen to her roar,

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        ****BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****

Any all the harley riders were like ...

and my head was like...

Krey

OMG I love this!!!!! I had to post a comment. this made me laugh.

Comment

you dont need to cut out or remove the entire baffle. all you need is a drill. you can use either a 2 inch holesaw bit for metal or just a regular drill bit . all you do is drill the area inside the exhaust pipe one time until you get all the way through. or poke about 20 holes in the tip with the bit. you get an awesome sound thats not too loud and it takes about 10min

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                            you dont need to cut out or remove the entire baffle. all you need is a drill. you can use either a 2 inch holesaw bit for metal or just a regular drill bit . all you do is drill the area inside the exhaust pipe one time until you get all the way through. or poke about 20 holes in the tip with the bit. you get an awesome sound thats not too loud and it takes about 10min
                            I think I will try this until I can afford to get the exhaust I want.
                            Thanks...

Comment

before carefull drilling the owner before me did this to my can and it now bares the scare of the drill. the channel inside the muffler dosn't run striaght to your pipe if you drill too far you will go through the top of our can

Comment

Working...
                              X