X

New exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust

Hi I've got an 03 katana and I just put a two brothers exhaust on it recently. I had been looking on the internet and most people said they get around 40-50 mpg with their katana. Does anybody know how much a race exhaust would effect the mpg? Thanks

Originally posted by judstirber View Post
    Hi I've got an 03 katana and I just put a two brothers exhaust on it recently. I had been looking on the internet and most people said they get around 40-50 mpg with their katana. Does anybody know how much a race exhaust would effect the mpg? Thanks

The exhaust alone should not have that major of an effect on your MPG. The carb tuning and properly working does.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You'll probably see your mpg go down a bit in the end. Maybe 3-4 mpg. The freer flowing exhaust needs a richer fuel/air mix which provides more power but at the cost of using more fuel all the time, not just when you're moving fast. Most of your mpg loss is going to be from when you're going slow or stopped.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

yea i agree . mpg shouldnt really change

Comment

Working...
        X