X

the sound of the poor mans exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sound of the poor mans exhaust

Ok I was lookin to find out how the poor mans exhaust mod sounded on a 2006 750. I tried all the links that are posted in the how too section but none of them are working. I'm just trying to get an idea on how it sounds and about how loud it is before I go cutting my exhaust.

It sounds very close to my Hindle race can.
    It is loud enough that you would want to be in cruise mode around the police. Also loud enough that at freeway speeds cars you are coming up on can hear you.
    In short, it's perfect for me.

Comment

Well it's a '00 600 not a 750, but it is a poor man's exhaust. It's not overly loud, but it's louder than OEM and has a deeper tone than OEM. I actually get quite a few good comments about it from people riding behind me and they can't believe its a modified stock can unless they are gear head. Bike is still a little cold in this clip, but I think you get the idea.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

thanks for the video clip. looks like i will be at the garage this weekend doing some modding.

Comment

Ok i did this but im not entirely happy with it. I would like to know if I cut the weld off the front end can I slide the outer shell off..or is the plates spot welded in? I want to take the shell off make my own baffle put back on and reweld. THanks for any help : )
          01 600...R6 mod, Hacked Factory pipe, ignition advanced, integrated rear turn signals, 03 tail, rear hugger, under tail, blacked out tailight & front turn signals and my own stickers.

Comment

I did it when I had the 750 in the bike. It sounded good. Gave more of a deep tone. LOL PM me if you want to buy it.
            '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Well I did it but wasnt happy...so I Welded a drill bit to a fairly long piece of round stock and drilled 2 half in holes in the second baffle...sounds good.
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnZPpUy-Ag"]YouTube - VIDEO0022[/ame]

Videos dont do it justice...it sounds just as good as an aftermarker pipe
              Last edited by Gibby936; 04-20-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              01 600...R6 mod, Hacked Factory pipe, ignition advanced, integrated rear turn signals, 03 tail, rear hugger, under tail, blacked out tailight & front turn signals and my own stickers.

Comment

does anyone have any detailed pictures of the 1st cut made with the dremel? After reading everything i could find i'm kind of confused on where to make the cut with the cutoff wheel on the dremel. I would like to try this on my 99 kat 600

Comment

The links arent working????

Any questions ask??? Im the one who wrote it.

Thats jacked up. That the links arent working. I havent touch them files on my photobucket. I will update that thread
                  Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 05-17-2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014
                  Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

i understand the holesaw, just not understanding where i need to cut with the cut off wheel, do i need to use my pencil grinder with a cut off and go so many inches inside the tip? Then use the holesaw and it will pull out? Sorry for bringing up an old subject, but i'm new to the site i want to give this a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bgballin26 View Post
                      i understand the holesaw, just not understanding where i need to cut with the cut off wheel, do i need to use my pencil grinder with a cut off and go so many inches inside the tip? Then use the holesaw and it will pull out? Sorry for bringing up an old subject, but i'm new to the site i want to give this a try.
                      Exactly. You cant get the holesaw to cut the plate becuz of the pipe. So use your pencil grinder with the small cutoff wheel to cut the pipe short enough, so you can use the hole saw on the plate
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X