X

Removed baffles...now what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed baffles...now what?

Just got my 90 750 running yesterday, it was slow to warm up but once it did it ran great...completely stock, just went thru the carbs (3x) lol. I had good response, pretty smooth idle, all was good. I started on my exhaust yesterday and drilled/cut/hacked the back baffle plate out of it like I saw a guy do on his post 600. Sound is ok, but it runs like crap. Bogs down when I hit the throttle, will not run w/o choke. Did I loose enough back pressure to need to back out my a/f screws? running them at 2.5 turns with factory airbox. Thanks for the help!

Too much flow, not enough gas...

I would suggest a jetkit to help for best results. Turning out the air fuel/shiming the needles might help some in the interim.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

just backed a/f screws out another turn, to about 3.5...didn't notice any real difference.

Comment

definately going to look into the jet kit...was hoping I wouldn't have to. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
        X