I removed the rear fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I removed the rear fender

What do you think?

I don't really care for the tag light, so i'm going to swap it out. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by devildog79; 02-15-2011, 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

looks like a lot more than a shovel chop
    I would try to hide the tag light above the tag under the tail

Make sure you have tire to tag clearance
    Batgirl tried to decapitate me with her tag last summer
    I would have said it had tons of room but a good bump proved me wrong as it flipped threw the air past my head
    I slightly bent her tag upward and reattached with wire ties
    After I did it I realized it was a personal tag that I put a fold in
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Nice job,I put my tag light inside the seat storage area

2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Ah..i didn't think of placing it there. Does the tool kit still fit with the light in there?

Comment

You might want to hit up Cycle gear (or any place where they sell them) for some little red Reflectors- you are in FL - you dont want Johnny Law on yer azz (the rear reflector that was part of the tag light is Mandatory in the State of FL)
          Just trying to cover yer 6 for ya.

Maybe this is why my fender on my 98 is still where it is

Comment

Originally posted by devildog79 View Post
            Ah..i didn't think of placing it there. Does the tool kit still fit with the light in there?
            Yes the toolkit still fits nicely in the tail. The toolkit compartment is even lighted now
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I did the same thing with mine, but also did the integrated brake light/turn signals. I later learned that it isn't approved on military installations, but it's a little late now... Did it almost 4 years ago and no one's noticed. All i got out of the semi-lit tool kit area is I can see how filthy it is in there.
              sigpic
              "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I put two small LEDs right above the license plate. I then put an 06 tail on so the new tail light came with the license plate light.

Comment

Yes, license plate mounting LEDs are probably the easiest way to go...Same with license plate mounted turn signals, too...Plan on doing that to mine, soon.

2006 Katana 750
                  2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
                  2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

It looks good to me. I would suggest you file or Dremel the cut line a little smoother. I made a line with a Sharpie and removed the tail fairing and cut just above that line. Or you can use strips of car door edging (door guard) to finish the look and cover the cut line.
                    To each his own but on such a nice looking Kat you may as well make the finished product just as pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundowner View Post
                      You might want to hit up Cycle gear (or any place where they sell them) for some little red Reflectors- you are in FL - you dont want Johnny Law on yer azz (the rear reflector that was part of the tag light is Mandatory in the State of FL)
                      Just trying to cover yer 6 for ya.

Maybe this is why my fender on my 98 is still where it is
                      As evidenced by the Thin Blue Line sticker on his plate, I don't think he'll be having any issues with "Johnny Law."
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

Good job

Looks like about the same thing I did to mine ('04 600)
                        Picture%20007.jpg
                        (shovel chop)

Tail%20light%20mod%20005.jpg
                        (short stalks added) found the brackets at Home Depot for .50 each!

And didn't have to mess with my stock license plate light
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

I did the same thing but I removed the tag light altogether and hooked it up so that I could run my heated helmet instead.

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
                            Yes the toolkit still fits nicely in the tail. The toolkit compartment is even lighted now
                            1989 Katana GSX750F
                            1995 CB250 Nighthawk
                            2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

Working...
                            X