X

help me (again)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me (again)

I recently undertook a transformation project to take my kat 750 and turn it into a streetfighter. Now the body wise isn't a problem its the rear swing arm. I want to fit a 5.5inch rim and tire on the rear but the forums tell me many diffrent ways of accomplishing this. So I ask you .... will you help me to figure out the best/safest way to achive this?

Heres kreylyns post he walks you through step by step how to widen your stock swingarm and use a 5.5 gsxr wheel and 180 tire.Thats really the only way to do it right.http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93142 or you can just do what im doing and its a little better for the money and get a post 4.5 wheel and rotor and mod your brake arm a little then you can safely run a 170 tire plus its alot easier.A 160 is what your supposed to run on a 4.5 but they make a few 170's that say they are made to fit a post katana with a 4.5 inch wheel without deforming the tire.
    Last edited by Kattie; 02-07-2011, 06:13 AM.
    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Get a welder and have at it.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks katie ill 1. Decide on a final decision to go with and 2. Post pics when don
        Also scottynoface, awesome advice lol thankfully I have my certs to weld so its not going to be a major problem

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Get a welder and have at it.
          That was attitude.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            That was attitude.
            Not at all. Just saying, either you do it or you don't.

Or you do like most people on this site do, ask a million questions, shoot down every response, then don't do it.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              Not at all. Just saying, either you do it or you don't.

Or you do like most people on this site do, ask a million questions, shoot down every response, then don't do it.
              LOL Sorry. I meant to say "That was MY attitude." Meaning thats how I felt, I just grabbed a welder and went at it. Leaving out that little "my" changed my whole post.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
              X