X

Headers!!?!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers!!?!!

ok I have a 2000 750 and am wanting to dremel out the header welds. will I need to replace the header gasket or does it even have one? I no cars do just not sure on bikes

sorry for the noob question

???
    Last edited by Devinjordan; 02-06-2011, 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Should be fine to reuse the old gaskets as long as they're not damaged.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I've re-used them. Technically they are "one use" only as they compress when installed, and that is how they form a seal.

I spread them back apart a little bit and then re-installed, didn't have a leak. They are pretty cheap though, so...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I've re-used them even without "fluffing" them. (forgot) I wouldn't do it more than once or twice though, considering how little they cost.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X