X

RTV Silicone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTV Silicone

Having some exhaust header sealing issues. Anybody ever use black RTV silicone to help seal or any of the spray gaskets. Let me know your thoughts on using these to help seal.

Jeff

If you are talking about where the gaskets meet the head, I don't think RTV can take the heat. You could try some of that exhaust seal stuff but I think the best idea is just to get some brand new gaskets and be done with it.

Comment

you need red i believe. still may not be enough. new gaskets are the way to go.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Permatex makes exhaust sealant, though you need new gaskets.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Muffler Putty! Dont leave home without it. New seals would be ideal though.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I think Permatex Ultra Copper has the highest heat rating
            I would only use in addition to new gaskets if there is a problem
            Make sure to check torque sequence as well as torque
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

new gaskets for sure......

Comment

+1 on the new gaskets
                sigpic
                "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Working...
                X