X

Replcement Exhaust for 89 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replcement Exhaust for 89 Katana

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other bikes with the same exhaust as the Katana as i am looking for a replacement for mine as it has gone but it would be easier if i can broaden my search. your comments are appreciated

you can get an aftermarket system like this one for a 750

guessing any used stuff wont be much better than yours
    Last edited by rexazz2; 12-10-2010, 10:49 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

ive looked into new systems, im probably going for a secnd hand one for now to get it through to mot so want it to be cheap as i dont have lots of cash lying around unfortunatly, i live in uk so postage from usa or americas hat it very expensive. if i can find what other bikes have a compatible exhaust it will make my search much much easier

Comment

Hi frodo, you did not say what part that you were looking for? but in the UK here I would suggest a specific part search on a breaker search website as I have read different things about headers and clearance issues from other bikes like the bandit, etc, the 98 on are a single exit system but if you bought the whole thing would fit. The cheapest option just to pass its mot would be fix what you have.

I am saving up for the vance & hines (who I only heard of yesterday!) system as it looks awesome, and will convert my bike from its twin pea-shooter set up.

Don't think i have said anything that you didn't know already, But it is very annoying that our bike is so un catered for in the UK

Comment

I think an early GSXR system would fit without major headaches.
          As noted in several posts the post 98 Kat header fits with some mods.

Comment

i have one thats on a 94 4 into 1 pipe comes out the ride side.. its aftermarket i think its a yoshi but dunno if it will work on yours...

Comment

also was just checking out ebay and if you search katana there was a good bit of old school parts on the that could maybe help you out

Comment

My 95 750 has a GSXR (early 90s) 4-1 header and a Yoshimura slip-on silencer. I can change the oil and filter with it on although getting the filter out from behind the pipes is a bit of a pain. The sound is terrific--quiet around the neighborhood but it makes a very satisfying growl as soon as I open the throttle up. (I did re-pack the silencer.) No jetting changes required although I did back the AF screws out to 2.5 turns.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  My 95 750 has a GSXR (early 90s) 4-1 header and a Yoshimura slip-on silencer. I can change the oil and filter with it on although getting the filter out from behind the pipes is a bit of a pain. The sound is terrific--quiet around the neighborhood but it makes a very satisfying growl as soon as I open the throttle up. (I did re-pack the silencer.) No jetting changes required although I did back the AF screws out to 2.5 turns.
                  Was that a bolt up job Bill or did it require some "modifications" to fit?
                  89 Katana 750
                  06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

It was on before I bought the bike but the only mod I could see was when I trimmed off the edge of the bottom fairing after the edge melted a bit. Possible the header tubes had to be tweaked a bit to make them line up. No sign of cutting or welding, though.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Petaguns, where abouts are you and how much would you be wanting for the system off the 94, if its going that it.

Comment

The only thing I found was the Vance & Hines system which like someone else mentioned, I am saving for. Looking to break it down to the one pipe on my 89 Kat also and get a little more growl out of it.

Comment

I managed to get a vance and hines system from the states for 300$ which is less than £200, has a small dent in link pipe which can easily be put right. mega saving on prices in uk. waiting for postage then the beast will be back terrorising the tarmac.

Comment

does anyone have a sound clip of what the vance and hines system? i got a muzzy can with a 4-1 header on my 92 750. looking for another can. does anyone know what other cans i could put on with out buying a whole system?

Comment

Working...
                            X