X

Straight pipes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight pipes?

Anyone got a vid? I'm going to want to maintain some of my original GS750 look when I got to swapping in the Kat 750 motor...part of this includes running the vance and hines headers and my old-school Kerker megaphone. I probably won't run it baffled. I was just curious what it sounds like.

Loud.
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
    1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
    1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
    1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

My '81 GS is already loud...that's not really a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
        My '81 GS is already loud...that's not really a concern.
        So then what's your question?

It will be ridiculously loud and sound...loud
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I was asking for a vid...if you have one I would love to see it.

Comment

this is my katana with pretty much straight pipe

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZZOsTMpmk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZZOsTMpmk[/ame]
            Last edited by sWARRIORSs72; 10-02-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

That's good enough for what I'm needing....I can make some guesses on the 750 vs. the 600. Thanks!

Comment

No baffles on a 750.....

[ame=http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/loudnlow7484/kat/?action=view&current=Picture048.flv][/ame]
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks man! That's not at all different from my GS, really...a little meaner sound, but it's a meaner engine.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                    Thanks man! That's not at all different from my GS, really...a little meaner sound, but it's a meaner engine.
                    It's really loud. At idle it's not too bad, but when you get into the throttle it's earsplitting. I probably only put 100 miles or so on it before replacing it with a V&H setup because I couldn't take the noise. Different strokes I guess..... another member now owns that straight pipe and as far as I know he digs it.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

It truly is a matter of tastes. I love the sound of straight pipes on a high strung I4. It's not about the volume...if it were quieter, I'd like it just the same. I'm a considerate type, though...my bike idles out of the neighborhood, all the way to the highway before she gets wound up.

Comment

Working...
                      X