X

D2Moto smoked LED tail light installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2Moto smoked LED tail light installed

For those considering the tail light for a later model Katana or newer tail light swapped one i installed mine the other day and figured i would show you guys what it looks like, off, on, braking and signal use. At further back from the bike the LEDs are brighter but i had to use 2 bungees to pull the rear brake for the pic lol.

<

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

very helpful. awesome looking kat. just got one and this is exactly what I'm going for. Any walk around pics?

Comment

Nice mod! I have the same light!

Comment

What brand light and where did you get it? I am looking at some on ebay and amazon. Still trying to decide if i wanna go the integrated route and leave the stems off.

Comment

d2moto has them SKU TL012-Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by RFoster130 View Post
            What brand light and where did you get it? I am looking at some on ebay and amazon. Still trying to decide if i wanna go the integrated route and leave the stems off.
            Buy it from D2moto. It's cheaper than Ebay

Comment

Just bought this, how hard was it to install and what tools do I need?

I dont think mine came with instructions =(

looks awesome by the way thanks for posting pics
              Last edited by 2PackZach; 04-29-2011, 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

that looks sick. do they have tail light for pre kats?

Comment

it was very easy to install, splice a few wires for the turn signals and lights and its done,

as for pre i dont believe so, but i could be mistaken

Comment

does your front turn signal blink just as fast? Ive read that you need to add resitors to wiring in order to have the light flash at a normal speed. I like the idea of having a fast signal though as it will have a better chance of being seen.
                    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

Comment

Front stayed normal

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
                        Front stayed normal
                        That's good. Mine blinks fast after the taillight install. Works just fine for me though.

Comment

yeah i have the same one and my signals are now faster, which i really don't mind. I had to re-wire the pins in the large white connector to align the brake/constant/ground wires with the stock harness. A few min with the voltmeter, no biggie.

Not the best pic, I know, but it works.

-Troy
                          2005 Silver/Gray 750
                          K&N Intake, ReJetted Carbs, Scorpion Can, -1/+3 Sprockets(Yikes!), DID Chain, Smoked Turns, Smoked Tail/Integrated Turns, HID's, De-Stickered!

Comment

I like that brake light... really making me wish I didnt have such an old Kat lol

Comment

I am thinking about getting this light as well, we have the same bike Katana31, you mine posting a picture of your smoked turning lights, wanna see how much darker the lenses are compared to the fairings.

Comment

Working...
                              X