X

??? New Lights ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? New Lights ???

I found these on ebay. I am sure there are some people on here that can answer my questions on these.
    #1... Is this everything i need to make these lights work properly?
    #2... Can you replace a single led bulb on these?
    #3... Is it illegal some places to have different colored lights?
    Let me know what you all think about these. I just like them cause they are different. How safe do the seem to you guys?

1. Coil them up inside the stock lens? The OEM bulb is white light filtered through a yellow lens so you're dealing with stock color there. Probably have to cut a piece of plexiglass or at least cardboard to hold the LEDs in place inside the fixture.

2. You'll need to replace your signal relay with a digital one meant for LEDs. Otherwise the resistance will be off and you'll get a really fast blink rate.

3. You're in KC. These are in Hong Kong, priced in Australian Dollars. I don't know what the exchange rate is but I'd check on that and also the shipping cost to the US before bidding. Might want to search for another listing on a like item from someone who's prepared to ship to the US. Also, my experience with Flea-Bay is that it's better to buy from someone who at least ships from the US. That way if there's any problem with the purchase (like they don't work) then you can return/exchange a lot easier.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks for the imput bill, i have used this seller a few times in the past, with no complaints at all. Im just lookin for an idea really, something different, something that stands out!

Comment

Are you wanting to put the LEDs inside the stock turn signal housing?

Point1: Most states require white lights be only on the front of the vehicle (exception is the back-up lights which come on when you're traveling in that direction and license plate light which is small and pointed at the plate), red lights only on the rear. Turn signals are traditionally yellow but red is allowed. The different colors help other drivers figure out what direction you're traveling/about to travel. Some states have outlawed any blue lights visible to other drivers. If you check with a local trailer shop they'll usually be up on your states' laws.

Point2: Living in KC, you might want to make sure you're legal in both MO and KS.

I'd be looking for yellow LEDs. The strips might be cool tucked under the seat pan, pointed down. They should light up that entire side of the bike when they flash. That'd 'stand out'...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i am not going to use the stock lights. I am just looking for something different than stalk lights, i have broke more than one set by just accidentally kicking them as i swing my leg over! lol
          I know, i live in missouri, and work in kansas. i have to wear my helmet in missouri, but its optional in kansas. i have a pamplet comparing the two states motorcycle laws, and there is nothing in there about light color.

Comment

Originally posted by justaname1981 View Post
            i am not going to use the stock lights. I am just looking for something different than stalk lights, i have broke more than one set by just accidentally kicking them as i swing my leg over! lol
            I know, i live in missouri, and work in kansas. i have to wear my helmet in missouri, but its optional in kansas. i have a pamplet comparing the two states motorcycle laws, and there is nothing in there about light color.
            I didn't find anything quite so succinct from MO but I did find this from the Kansas hiway patrol website (http://www.kansashighwaypatrol.org/f....html#lighting)

Vehicle Lighting

Lights visible to the front of a vehicle must be white to amber. On vehicles manufactured prior to July 1, 1973, the front turn signals may emit a white light. The front turn signals of all newer vehicles must emit an amber light. Kansas registered vehicles are prohibited from being equipped with tinted/non-transparent headlamp covers.
            Lights visible to the rear of a vehicle must be amber to red, with the exception of the registration and back-up lamps. Every vehicle must have a white light illuminating the vehicle's rear license tag when the headlamps and tail lamps are activated. Reflectors visible from the rear of a vehicle must be red.
            Lights and reflectors visible from the side of a vehicle must be amber toward the front of the vehicle and red toward the rear of the vehicle.
            In addition, vehicles may be equipped with the following optional lights:
            • One amber or white running board courtesy light on each side.
            • Two side cowl or fender lamps emitting an amber or white light.
            • Two white spot lamps mounted on the front of the vehicle.
            • One or more white reverse lamps that operate only when the vehicle is in reverse.
            • Two white to amber fog lamps mounted on the front of the vehicle and used only in conjunction with the low beam headlamps.
            • Two white to amber auxiliary passing lamps mounted on the front of the vehicle.
            • Two white to amber auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front of the vehicle.

The only flashing lights permitted on non-emergency vehicles are turn signals, hazard warning lamps, and warning lights on school, church, and daycare buses.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X