X

VFR SSSA on a pre Kat conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFR SSSA on a pre Kat conversion

Has anyone done a VFR swingarm conversion on a pre Kat? If so, how much of a pain was it? I know anything can be done with enough time and money, but my wallet is not that deep.

Originally posted by EODA View Post
    Has anyone done a VFR swingarm conversion on a pre Kat? If so, how much of a pain was it? I know anything can be done with enough time and money, but my wallet is not that deep.

Unfortunately, Kwebble Passed a while back. His daughter did quote him as saying the swingarm was the most difficult mod he had ever done.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Roger is the only person I've known of that has done the VFR SSSA on a pre-gsxf and as Krey mentioned, he unfortunately passed away some time ago. What kind of budget and skillset are you working with? If you can cut, weld, and machine, you can probably pick up the parts and do the conversion for around $500-750. If you have to pay someone else to do the engineering and fabrication work you could easily top $2k. If you're interested, I have a slingshot GSXR frame that I've already converted to a VFR750 arm with a bunch of extras I'm thinking of letting go for $1500. It comes with a ducati monster forks, brembo front brakes, freshly powder coated in BK08 semi matte black 5 spoke rims (marchesini front, VFR800 rear), newer GSXR750 rear shock, ducati seat with a new carbon fiber texture cover, a modified tank that has been channeled on top in prep for recessed inset gauges, and best of all, a clean title. Just thought I'd throw it out there since your GSXF motor will drop right into that frame. Regardless of the direction you go, let us know if we can provide any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
        If you're interested, I have a slingshot GSXR frame that I've already converted to a VFR750 arm with a bunch of extras I'm thinking of letting go for $1500. It comes with a ducati monster forks, brembo front brakes, freshly powder coated in BK08 semi matte black 5 spoke rims (marchesini front, VFR800 rear), newer GSXR750 rear shock, ducati seat with a new carbon fiber texture cover, a modified tank that has been channeled on top in prep for recessed inset gauges, and best of all, a clean title. Just thought I'd throw it out there since your GSXF motor will drop right into that frame. Regardless of the direction you go, let us know if we can provide any help.
        Do you have a build thread going on that one, or have you been keeping this a secret? It sounds f'n incredible.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

As cool as that sounds, it's a little more than I can throw down at one time. Also, I have no idea where you(the bike) is located. And loudnlow has it right it sounds amazing.
          Last edited by EODA; 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM. Reason: New post

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            Do you have a build thread going on that one, or have you been keeping this a secret? It sounds f'n incredible.
            No not really...I just picked up the frame a couple years back and pull it out every now and then when I have a small break. It was going to get a B12 engine until I picked up the second 82 kat that needed an engine transplant. I considered pulling the 600 motor from the 98 GSXF I picked up recently to get it on the road, but I finally decided that as much fun as it would be, I really need the funds more than a 5th bike in the garage. This is the frame in question (minus all the extra parts noted)

Originally posted by EODA View Post
            As cool as that sounds, it's a little more than I can throw down at one time. Also, I have no idea where you(the bike) is located. And loudnlow has it right it sounds amazing.
            I understand...always tough to part with significant chunks of change unexpectedly. I and others would be more than willing to help with your conversion if we can. I'm in Portland Oregon now (and for the foreseeable future) but ironically, I used to live in Sacramento 2yrs ago and bought the frame from a guy in Vacaville. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for your bike! Cheers!
            Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Wow. You aren't very far away. I live in Vacaville. If you still have it in a couple of months, I might try this conversation again.

Comment

Working...
              X