X

Bandit 1200 Exhaust Fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit 1200 Exhaust Fit?

I've been looking for exhaust options since my yoshi sits very close to my sidecases and saw that Delkevic has a mini 8" exhaust for a bandit 1200. Would this exhaust bolt right up to a post 750 exhaust manifold (header) and would the stop for the centerstand still be in the correct spot for the post's centerstand? Any help on bandit exhaust adaptations for a post 750 would rock.

Thanks guys/gals!

Chris
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Good quote there Chris.

I have a related question. What other stock Suzuki OEM Mufflers will bolt onto a 2005 Katana 750?

why? I have been told that any larger "can" ,(has to be larger over all, and off a larger cc than my 750) will result in a lower tone, so now I am looking at Hybussa and Bandit stcok exhausts, but I wonder if they will just "bolt" on? Anyone know or ever tried?
    Do or do not, there is no Try...
    -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Comment

Bandit 1200 exhaust will fit a Katana.

The only issue *might* be hanging the can.

All the air/oil cooled suzukis use the same exhaust spacing on the head of the motor, and they can be interchanged same as the motor guide.

A Busa/GSXR etc WILL NOT work out of the box, (unless it was an oil cooled GSXR) as the cylinders are spaced closer together. You might be able to cut/weld a custom solution.

If you do some searching here, you will find there is a formula for sizing exhaust.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks Steves!

Ok, one more.

I am looking at buying a aftermarket used can. It says its for the GSXR 750.

You said the exhaustports and headers were different for a Katana 750 and a GSXR 750.

But towards the end of the line (after the headers) are the pipes the same diameter? Will a a can (say D&D) for a GSXR 750 fit on a a Katana 750's pipe?

Thanks, and be good!!!!
        -Master Yoda

Comment

Not likely. The spacing on the mid-pipes are probably different. If you have access to a muffler shop you might be able to get something to work... see blazerzr2's bike.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks again, I will try to locate it in memebers area.

/salutes
            -Master Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              Bandit 1200 exhaust will fit a Katana.

The only issue *might* be hanging the can.

All the air/oil cooled suzukis use the same exhaust spacing on the head of the motor, and they can be interchanged same as the motor guide.

A Busa/GSXR etc WILL NOT work out of the box, (unless it was an oil cooled GSXR) as the cylinders are spaced closer together. You might be able to cut/weld a custom solution.

If you do some searching here, you will find there is a formula for sizing exhaust.
              Very detailed info. 'A Busa/GSXR etc WILL NOT work out of the box...' was something I missed out before. Thanks.
              Last edited by gordonjj; 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

With the b12 exaust, will the carbs need to be jetted or just adjusted?

Comment

Working...
                X