Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Questions on debaffling stock can (hates beating the dead horse, but someone has too)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on debaffling stock can (hates beating the dead horse, but someone has too)

My question is specific.

I have read multiple threads on the how to do this, and have decided that I am going to try this... not for noise, but for depper tone.

(I am far from rich and until I find a used but nice "ie: cheap" can, this seems the best route).

Anyways, has anyone made a video of the actual removing of a Katana Baffle (or drilling the hole's) or even sound bites on specifically Katanas with the baffles removed?

I have looked all over youtube, and cannot seem to find anything but one video of a Katana running without headers.... fun to listen too, (for about 2 seconds, lol) but not what I am wanting to hear.

Thanks, and Happy Fathers day!
    Do or do not, there is no Try...
    -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

I used a long pointy bar and a hammer to perforate a couple baffles on my stock can, it increased tone and sounded ok, but I spent the money and got a Yosh RS3 and I am way happier.

Comment

Don't damage your stock can that's just silly, you might need it for inspection/resale, you'll eventually find an aftermarket one for cheap just takes a little patience
      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I have a youtube video of my bike that compares the original can with a Beowulf Warrior can that has the baffle in and then the Beowulf with the baffle removed. I ordered the can from the UK and I really love it, but now that a year has gone by the sound is actually deeper than when new and even more to my liking. And the baffle was super easy to remove. Only took my hubby seconds to remove the baffle by undoing the screws that hold the baffle in place

You can find more info on the Beowulf in my post here:
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101259

And here is the direct link to the video:
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx25OhlLcBE"]YouTube - 2006 Suzuki Katana 750 with Beowulf Warrior Exhaust[/ame]
        sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas/opinions so far.

SunQuest, thanks for taking the time to make the video and share your experience in your "sound" quest. I am like you in that tone is way more important than "noise".

I am a admitted Triumph Fan-oy, and I mis my Thruxtons growel.... especially with the TOR cans....

Wonder how long it would take to find a used Bewolf ?

Mabey I will try Ebay UK.

Lagmo, I aggree with yuo on the benifits of keeping a nice stock can, especially one like mione (spot-less, literally)... but I have read that if you debaffle it "correct" its not noicibale in appearnce too much.

Anyone have a stock can for a 05 laying around?

Ok, here is another question (there are several Beowulf cans on the UK Ebay site) yay!

But, they all for Katana 650, or the SV 650... will theese work with a 750 Kat? With some tweaking from a muffler shop mabey?

This is for any older or other brand cans ( Yoshi, D&D, ect....)

if they say something else (but for Suzuki) are they able to go on something else? Do the "mid-pipe" chang diqameters? What is the difference really, I have no idea?
          Last edited by JEDI; 06-20-2010, 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Do or do not, there is no Try...
          -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Comment

As long as the can has appropriate flow, it's possible to use it. A general rule of thumb is to stick with at least the same CC or higher, but don't go lower.

The larger the can, the deeper the tone will be. You might consider looking at some of the newer liter stock cans. Alot of times you can pick up one cheap.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by JEDI View Post
              Ok, here is another question (there are several Beowulf cans on the UK Ebay site) yay!

But, they all for Katana 650, or the SV 650... will theese work with a 750 Kat? With some tweaking from a muffler shop mabey?
              I looked on the UK Ebay site and the Warrior shaped Beowulf on UK Ebay is selling new for the same price as the manufacturer's web site which has it listed which is £175.00 plus shipping. I am thinking the manufacturer is selling them on ebay as they did have a link to their ebay store on the web site.

I then checked on the manufacturer's website and found the length of my can is 380mm (stubby version). I then started looking at the 650's and they are also 380mm. Here is a link to the website that lists the suzuki beowulf models. http://beowulf-performance-products.....asp?catid=312

If you click on a bike model it will then list all the beowulf exhausts available for that bike. Then if you click on the exhaust that you are interested in, it will then take you to a page that will give you options for that exhaust. This is where I got my measurements for my warrior shaped can.

I will also guess that the main difference on the Warrior style can is the mid-pipe and the front of the can where it joins to the mid-pipe as the can is suspended from the bike by a clamp style mounting bracket that is a seperate piece which allows it to move freely to where you need it until you tighten the clamp.
              sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

Working...
              X