X

exhuast Q

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhuast Q

Hi, Just bought my first bike. Its a 93 katana 600 with an aftermarket D&D full exhaust system. For my personal taste it is a bit too loud. Im wondering if there is anything I can do to make it quiter without putting the stock pipes back on. Thanks

Originally posted by mzo0163 View Post
    Hi, Just bought my first bike. Its a 93 katana 600 with an aftermarket D&D full exhaust system. For my personal taste it is a bit too loud. Im wondering if there is anything I can do to make it quiter without putting the stock pipes back on. Thanks

Silencer inserts is what you want to look for. There have been a few discussed on the board.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

where do I find one that will work for my exhaust? Will the carbs need to be adjusted?

forgive me but what do you mean by "the board"

Thanks
      Last edited by mzo0163; 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

hes talkin bout the forums. click the search button in the top right and type it in there
        Originally posted by Slofuze:
        Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

it looks like repacking the muffler is another option and is much less expensive. Anyone know which is the better method.

Comment

it looks like repacking the muffler is another option and is much less expensive. Anyone know which is the better method.
            IF the packing is worn out, then repacking it will help. D&D fully packed is still loud. A combination of both options will get you closer to the quiet your wanting without going with a stock setup.

If you think the packing is worn... start with that first. Then, if still too loud, go with an insert.

There are some inserts that are not that expensive.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the exhaust is fairly new so the packing should be good then and if repacking wont help then Ill get an insert. Im having trouble finding them online. Where can I get one??? Thanks

Comment

if you want to go with a new exhaust im sure someone would be willing to pay (quite nicely if its flawless) for your d&d
                Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

if the silencer insert makes a difference I will keep the D&D. If not I will get rid of it, so if someone knows where to find them that will fit the D&D pipe please let me know!

Comment

best solution to a loud bike is ear plugs!
                    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

^ what he said. There's a very cheap fix for ya. Who knows, maybe it will grow on ya?

Comment

since I already have the 4-1 headers from the D&D system why cant I take off the muffler and buy a different slip on??

Comment

sell it and buy a vance and hines or something similar

Comment

since I already have the 4-1 headers from the D&D system why cant I take off the muffler and buy a different slip on??

You can take any can matching CC size or larger and have a custom mid pipe made or modify the midpipe on the can you buy if it's attatched.

Most times you will find that headers from one brand and a can/midpipe from another brand don't match up just right. Some slight mods may be needed.

A muffler shop though can help you out with that fairly cheaply if you find a good shop.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                            X