X

do not buy this light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do not buy this light

ok i bought a head light off of ebay right. well i dont advise anyone else getting this light. when i was trying to get the bike stared the light got so damn hot that it melted. the glass lens that wa on it fell out and it started smoking

so now i have to find another headlight suitable for a streetfighter
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

That's not bad looking set up either, to bad it didn't work out. You didn't fry the harness too did you?
    Kyle

Comment

That is a nice setup. Sorry that didn't work out for you.
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

no it just fried the light. and i cant get a refund so kinda sucks so i have to find a light that is worth a damn
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I like the way it looks. Any ideas as to why it melted? You'd figure they would have tested that sort of thing..

Comment

i dont know it could be that it sat for a long period of time while i was trying to start it. but either way that should not have happend. i think that its still a bad a$$ looking light

Comment

Maybe you had a 100w light bulb, did you think about an hid with that fairing they are not as hot i believe. To bad that looks bad a**

Comment

well i think that im gonna try to get a rage fairing for it instead or try useing LED lights in it or i could do the HID

Comment

Well looking at it did it come with the light already or did you put a different bulb in because what im getting at is my buddy bought one close to that and same thing it melted and we took it apart and seen it was a 100w bulb he replaced it with a 55w bulb and still uses it and no issues since

Comment

i havent took it apart yet so idk if the bulb 100 w or 50w. i think that im just gonns go and get HID lights and build a custom fairing around it.

Comment

Hate to say it, but that's what you get for buying cheap chinese crap on ebay
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Hate to say it, but that's what you get for buying cheap chinese crap on ebay
                        yeah +1 for cheap Chinese ebay.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Shame it's a great looking light.
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                          Black painted seat and rear trim,
                          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...