X

help with 06 kat underglows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with 06 kat underglows

so i was looking up ways to be more visible to others and i came across underglows. LED type that fit behind the fairing, wheel area, and so forth. upon further investigation i learned that they might be a problem because of melting. could anyone share what they know about these? i really like them but dont want an unnecessary headache. also, a place that doesnt want 2 - 300 smackers for a set would be nice too. thanx in advance

Originally posted by Lindellm85 View Post
    so i was looking up ways to be more visible to others and i came across underglows. LED type that fit behind the fairing, wheel area, and so forth. upon further investigation i learned that they might be a problem because of melting. could anyone share what they know about these? i really like them but dont want an unnecessary headache. also, a place that doesnt want 2 - 300 smackers for a set would be nice too. thanx in advance

My recommendation would be to look into LEDs from JoeFlorida. He is a supporting vendor on the site and has amazing customer service. You could get one of his kits or combine a couple different ones. You can get strips or PODs and get your underglow affect with no concern for melting. You can make a Kat look like it is hovering for just over $100. (Color dependent)
    -2000 "750"

Comment

You can do much better then 200-300 for some led..

I have 96 Blue Led's on my bike, and it was no where near that cost.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I got my 90 led sport bike kit form Joe Florida for like 80 bucks incl shipping and they were easy as pie to install and have yet to feel them get hot.
        Attached Files
        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

wow Phil thats damn bright, i like it alot.
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

thanks me likey to it will light up 2 lanes on the freeway
            1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

I got the color changing LEDS from Joe Florida

Comment

thats pretty sweet. i dont really want to drill thru any plastic, is there a easy way to install that is secure besides makin holes ?

Comment

they are attached with double sided tape only holes i drilled were in the rear to run the wires from the ones over the rear tire
                  1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

ebay has led strips for 3 bucks!!!
                    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

The color changers are FAT! Did you paint your fairings yourself? I got my bike used and evidently the prev owner was a squid that couldn't handle a 600. This winter I am thinking of tearing down my bike for some cold weather modifications to include fixing a small dent in the gas tank and doing some paint and body work. The guy also put in some ghey turn sigs he got from big lots or something, got to fill those holes and go with a led model all-in-one , like to have one of those that does the "wave" when the turn sigs are active. Right front turn sig is busted, thinking about putting on mirrors with integrated on front and modding the factory turn sig holes into cooling scoops. Mesh mod on side holes. Depressed about size of rear tire. The 600 makes well enough power for me, I mean crap, it will hold tight with virtually any sports car on the road in a straight, 0-60 in like 3-4 seconds and top out about 150mph. The sharp radius on my rear tire makes the center wear FAST though.

Comment

Working...
                      X