Exhaust Type. Need Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Type. Need Help!

Hi everyone,

I have a 1993 750 Katana which came with a 4-to-1 and a Micron muffler. I don’t know if it’s a full system or random parts put together. I just know that it is loud. Normally I don’t care about the noise when I’m riding, but it bothers me when I’m coming home late (3am) or warming it up in the morning (7am). It will wake up anyone. I want to replace the muffler with a type that will not be so loud. I can’t make up my mind and don’t know what would fit. I don’t want to spend a lot of money and prefer to replace a muffler than a whole system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Konn750 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a 1993 750 Katana which came with a 4-to-1 and a Micron muffler. I don’t know if it’s a full system or random parts put together. I just know that it is loud. Normally I don’t care about the noise when I’m riding, but it bothers me when I’m coming home late (3am) or warming it up in the morning (7am). It will wake up anyone. I want to replace the muffler with a type that will not be so loud. I can’t make up my mind and don’t know what would fit. I don’t want to spend a lot of money and prefer to replace a muffler than a whole system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I would suggest getting an OEM muffler from another 750, something like a newer GSXR or Bandit.... as an example. Have a midpipe made to fit to your headers (inexpensive work at a muffler shop) and that will most likely fit your needs.

It will be much cheaper overall and alot quieter than any after market pipe you put on, and work alot better weight and performance wise than the stock system that was on your bike originally.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just to let everyone know that I don't have a stock system at all. Originaly, I would have a 2 to 1 set up and have two mufflers on each side of my bike. But someone did a 4 to 1 set up.

I found a person selling a 2006 GSX600F Katana Mufler. Would it fit?

Comment

depends on the header anything can be made to fit though....

can you get us a pic of the header?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

if you need it, I still have my stock can off my '04 600 I can happily part with
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Working...
          X