X

This has been bugging me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been bugging me...

This has been bugging me since I got the bike last year.
    I have a pre-750 with a 4to1 Vance and Hines Supersport system.

Between the flanges of the headers and the exhaust ports there is a small gap, such that I can see the bolt threads. Picture below.

This can't be right, can it? I must have the wrong length of bolt or something...

1993 GSX750F

If you decide to tackle removing those bolts, you'll need an extra long Allen socket like these.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Nope, that is pretty much how the V&H headers work, it's not meant to sit flush against the motor at that bracket. The bracket just pulls the headers into the engine, and the seal off is the exhaust gasket between the headers and engine block.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you Krey, that is a relief. Those rusty bolts don't look like they would be fun to remove.
        1993 GSX750F

Comment

yeah i would still take it off and sand that thing down probably a nice paint job or something.

Comment

Hm I was thinking about painting but I have a nice size dent in one of the headers I need to figure out how to remove first.

How much time and money would I be looking at to ceramic coat the headers?
            1993 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
            X