X

Which after market exhaust?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which after market exhaust?

Hey guys, Im looking into getting an exhaust tip for my 2000, 750. I was told that yoshimura's are the best exhuast for suzuki's as far as pressures and running wise. Please let me know what you think I appreciate it.

Originally posted by MichiganKatana View Post
    Hey guys, Im looking into getting an exhaust tip for my 2000, 750. I was told that yoshimura's are the best exhuast for suzuki's as far as pressures and running wise. Please let me know what you think I appreciate it.
    Any slip on you want that you think looks and sounds good, as for a Kat... those are the only 2 real differences a slip on makes.

None of them are going to make much of a difference in performance by themselves. None of them make a difference to performance at all between them.

Most will lean the motor out a little bit (which needs the bike to be rejetted for) and it's the Jetkit that adds a noticeable little more oompf...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Isn't anyone going to comment on using the Search function. This subject has been beaten / whipped / buried / dug up / ridden hard and put away wet.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
        Isn't anyone going to comment on using the Search function. This subject has been beaten / whipped / buried / dug up / ridden hard and put away wet.

This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I got a yoshi RS3 off ebay and love it. Its the perfect blend of sound and volume. Its very mellow and not miserable for your neighbors.

Comment

Ok well thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.

BobCarter, did you have to re-jet your carb?
            Last edited by MichiganKatana; 03-26-2010, 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Depending on the exhaust it may be optimal to re jet to acheive the most, however its not needed per say. I have a D&D slip on and i LOVE it, it has not been re jetted and sometimes there is a slight backfire pop from the fuel, sounds good i think. I would like to rejet with a timing advancer one of these days but its a progressive thing i guess

Hope i helped.

Fife

Comment

I got a D&D from another KR member, used but looked like new and a great price

and once in a while I get asked why I have a Texas flag on my bike
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganKatana View Post
                  Ok well thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.

BobCarter, did you have to re-jet your carb?

been running a TBR for 4 years, had it jetted for a while, removed it because the only change I noticed was **** fuel mileage...been running on stock jetting for a loooong time....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I did not rejet and the bike seems to run great. I would probably have to jet if I did anything else though.

Comment

Does anyone ever mention the weight savings the yosh is like 9lbs lighter which helps on a aready heavy bike and u gain some (very minimal) ground clearence not that ground clearence is that bad with stock

Comment

Originally posted by Blackysheldon View Post
                        Does anyone ever mention the weight savings the yosh is like 9lbs lighter which helps on a aready heavy bike and u gain some (very minimal) ground clearence not that ground clearence is that bad with stock

I don't normally worry about weight on the Kat... othewise I would cut 35lbs off it by going on a diet.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                        X