X

Plasma cutting...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma cutting...

Well i finally got my cnc plasma cutter up and running and ive been cutting away. today's project was to get rid of the rear sets on my 1100 Katana. I will never ride two-up so i have no use for the rear pegs and they are in bad shape anyway.

i started by removing the old ones and making a drawing in autocad of what i wanted. I then loaded it into the machine and cut it out of 1/4" plate

here it is mocked up on the bike....i got to apologize for the bad camera phone pics. i didnt have my digicam with me.

now the pipe is about 1.5" offset from the rear set mount... so i had to bend it... a little heat and an adjustable wrench and a hammer and we have this...

here is is with the pipe bolted on...

off to primer...

i ended up painting it black but im really happy with how it turned out
    bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

You got skills
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Nice and I will be over in a minute to fabricate with ya! Bringing my Kat and some ideas.......Nice to have that and good work on the rear set
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
        Nice and I will be over in a minute to fabricate with ya! Bringing my Kat and some ideas.......Nice to have that and good work on the rear set
        i have a business....Terrapin Manufacturing.

if you have something in mind send me a sketch or drawing and i can easily give you a price.
        bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

I want photos of the cnc plamsa

Comment

ill do one better...

[ame=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/freebird01/?action=view&current=SS852308.flv][/ame]
            bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Nice...is it home built? I'd like to convert my bridgeport clone to cnc in the future and a cnc plasma would be a nice addition

Comment

no its a plasmacam system...not the most stout setup but it works pretty good
                bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Working...
                X