X

How to know if exhaust will fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if exhaust will fit?

I found a good deal on someone selling a used rs-3 yoshi pipe. I know most of the rs-3 models work with katanas but I wanted to know is there any models that wont?

It looks like the zyclone rs-3 its the carbon fiber long black one...

I want to jump on this deal but I'm gonna be ****ed if for some reason it doesn't fit my katana.

I have a 2003 katana 600.

This is a picture of the exhaust... does anyone think there will be any compatibility issues?

Thank you so much for the help I'm so excited to get some noise out my quite katana!!

Also if anyone has any tips for buying one used or if they've had any bad experiences buying used please let me know..

EVen if its the cheapest model its about 400 dollars to buy the carbon fiber , and I can buy the one above for 250.. and its brand new just doesn't have the mounting parts which I figured I could call yoshi customer service and order a new one...
    Any quick responses is very appreciated as I will be deciding on purchase tomorrow.
    Last edited by rottenpixies; 03-10-2010, 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
    I found a good deal on someone selling a used rs-3 yoshi pipe. I know most of the rs-3 models work with katanas but I wanted to know is there any models that wont?

It looks like the zyclone rs-3 its the carbon fiber long black one...

I want to jump on this deal but I'm gonna be ****ed if for some reason it doesn't fit my katana.

I have a 2003 katana 600.

This is a picture of the exhaust... does anyone think there will be any compatibility issues?

Thank you so much for the help I'm so excited to get some noise out my quite katana!!

Also if anyone has any tips for buying one used or if they've had any bad experiences buying used please let me know..

EVen if its the cheapest model its about 400 dollars to buy the carbon fiber , and I can buy the one above for 250.. and its brand new just doesn't have the mounting parts which I figured I could call yoshi customer service and order a new one...
    Any quick responses is very appreciated as I will be deciding on purchase tomorrow.
    Dude anythings possible. I got a free yoshi pipe of a 90' honda vfr750 and modified it to work with the 4 to 1 header that I got off a 98 kat 600 and put that all on my 93 kat 600.

Depending on what the pipe came on is whats gonna determine weather or not it fits, but the diameters should be the same. Good luck dude
    Takeing blowing up porta potties to a whole new level!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think you can judge fitment based on the type of pipe.
      There are probably different bends in the mid ipe specifc for the bike. Many might work, but I don't think you can assume any RS3 will fit a Katana just because there is an RS3 that fits the Katana.

Comment

the CAN would work right, but the piping would have to be custom done...

thats what i thought
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Right I just thought that this model of pipes are slip ons which fit right over,,,

i know the yoshis are known for working with gsxr and katanas so in figured it was a safe bet...

so worse case scenario i can have my local shop put it on if i cant just slip it on my self.
          - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Working...
          X