X

i need header help!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need header help!!!!!

does anybody know if 98+ katana headers will fit my 96 katana. this would be a great help if somebody new. thanks.

No they won't
    "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

damn, thank you though.

Comment

Hold up... Yes, they most certainly will fit with slight modification.

The clearance for the stock pre oil pan the collector on the header is tight, but there are options around this...

Dent the collector a bit and it will fit. Or swap out your pre oil pan with the post oil pan and pick up to remove the clerance issue.

It's common upgrade to swap to the post headers and oil pan on a pre.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

he just said header, he didnt ask if the header+oil pan from a post would swap
          "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Hold up... Yes, they most certainly will fit with slight modification.

The clearance for the stock pre oil pan the collector on the header is tight, but there are options around this...

Dent the collector a bit and it will fit. Or swap out your pre oil pan with the post oil pan and pick up to remove the clerance issue.

It's common upgrade to swap to the post headers and oil pan on a pre.

Krey
            i was just trying to use the post 97 headers so that i wouldnet have to worry bout workin with my headers and mid pipe to put the exhaust on one single side instead of dual.

Comment

Originally posted by 600katana96 View Post
              i was just trying to use the post 97 headers so that i wouldnet have to worry bout workin with my headers and mid pipe to put the exhaust on one single side instead of dual.
              That would work very well for you then if your wanting to swap over to a 4-1 setup. Post oil pan, gasket, and pickup can normally be found pretty cheaply, along with a post exhaust header. There are several people who have done it, including one who posted a full write up with pictures on how they did it.

Be aware the post headers have a mod option to increase their flow to closer to that of an aftermarket exhaust by cleaning the welds up on them. Do a search on that to see pics and details. Leave it as is if your not jetting/don't have a jet kit and it will work just fine with the mods mentioned to get it to fit.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                That would work very well for you then if your wanting to swap over to a 4-1 setup. Post oil pan, gasket, and pickup can normally be found pretty cheaply, along with a post exhaust header. There are several people who have done it, including one who posted a full write up with pictures on how they did it.

Be aware the post headers have a mod option to increase their flow to closer to that of an aftermarket exhaust by cleaning the welds up on them. Do a search on that to see pics and details. Leave it as is if your not jetting/don't have a jet kit and it will work just fine with the mods mentioned to get it to fit.

Krey
                one more question. if i were to do the post headers i should also put a post oil pan on my bike?

Comment

kreylyn your going to have to hold this guys hand

Comment

Originally posted by 64dumptruck View Post
                    kreylyn your going to have to hold this guys hand

Just to teach the right way to get the info...

Originally posted by 600katana96 View Post
                    one more question. if i were to do the post headers i should also put a post oil pan on my bike?
                    Yep, that was what I suggested.

The specifics on how and what to do to get that to word can be found here on the site. A simple way to search katriders is to use google, I think it works better than the boards search options.

type in the following on the next line for examples of how to search just the site, for info your looking for.

site:katriders.com post to pre header
                    site:katriders.com oil pan swap
                    site:katriders.com oil pan pics

Etc....

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

kat 600 super sport system new 4hours left

hi everyone there is a super sport system on ebay now brand new! 4 hours left!

Comment

Working...
                      X