X

Repacked Yoshi RS-3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repacked Yoshi RS-3

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I recently repacked my RS-3 exhaust, which it needed bad, the old packing was basically cooked to the can. I got the new packing in and I found some rivets to fill enough holes to put it back together for the time being, but they were too long for some of the holes. Does anybody happen to know what rivets are supposed to be the actual replacement rivets for the can. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by usmcmatt81 View Post
    Hopefully someone can help me out here. I recently repacked my RS-3 exhaust, which it needed bad, the old packing was basically cooked to the can. I got the new packing in and I found some rivets to fill enough holes to put it back together for the time being, but they were too long for some of the holes. Does anybody happen to know what rivets are supposed to be the actual replacement rivets for the can. Thanks in advance.
    For over 65 years, Hideo “Pops” Yoshimura and his namesake company have designed and produced the finest exhaust systems in the world.
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

+1

When I bought the Yoshi packing material through my local parts dealer they also supplied the rivets too. However, I ended up using button head screws instead.

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
      From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
      Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hell , mine had screws in it . Dunno if it was an RS3 , though . Plate's LONG gone ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I believe there 3/8 long, I have it written down at home and I check tomorrow. When I ordered my packing and steel wool from Yoshimura.
          The nice lady gave me the size. I bought them local since yosh. wants quite a bit for there rivets.
          Richard
          96 Suzuki GSX750F
          89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
          05 Yamaha WR450F
          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

RS3 rivets are 3/16 (5mm)Diameter x 1/8 (3mm)grip.
            Richard
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ep87 View Post
              RS3 rivets are 3/16 (5mm)Diameter x 1/8 (3mm)grip.
              Richard

you should be able to get rivets at a autoparts or body shop supply store
              they will have stainless steel available , i would go with aluminum
              THE SS will kill your hands trying to squeeze them in
              Last edited by rexazz2; 02-04-2010, 07:49 PM.
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Thanks for the great info.

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                  you should be able to get rivets at a autoparts or body shop supply store
                  they will have stainless steel available , i would go with aluminum
                  THE SS will kill your hands trying to squeeze them in
                  I agree, Also cheaper, and easier to drill out for the next repack.
                  Richard
                  96 Suzuki GSX750F
                  05 Yamaha WR450F
                  05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

The repack was pretty easy after I finally got the old packing out! My bike has 29,000 miles and the yoshi went on when the PO bought it, I don't think it had ever been done before. Instead of putting new steel wool on I used some high temp aluminum tape, I had some laying around and it gave it a nice sound when I was done.

Comment

Working...
                    X