88-97 Vance &Hines full header to an 05

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88-97 Vance &Hines full header to an 05

Anyone. look into this yet?...

Would a Vance and Hines 88-97 full header system fit an 05 with mods. i.e. Making brackets or modifying fairings?

Thanks, Streetmach.

I do not think the header will work. It will hit the oil pan and it hangs little lower as well. For us pre riders we can use a 98+ header but we have to use the 98+ oil pan in order to do so. It may work. Never tried the reverse
    Last edited by HS2020; 01-01-2010, 10:08 PM.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

well if we can use a post header you should be able to use a pre with plenty of clearance from the oil pan,, but im not too sure how fare it will hang down, you might have a problem with your lower fairings not being low enough for the exhaust to clear.
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by streetmach View Post
        Anyone. look into this yet?...

Would a Vance and Hines 88-97 full header system fit an 05 with mods. i.e. Making brackets or modifying fairings?

Thanks, Streetmach.
        If someone with an 88-97 Kat needs a Vance and Hines FULL exhaust system for 750....for $350.00 goto Craigslist/Columbus, OH/motorcycles/search katana. It's there.
        Streetmach

Comment

My Pre-98 full V&H SS2R fits on my 2003 Bandit motor (In my 92 frame) without any clearace issues. It does hang lower and farther back that stock though, but the pipes are so big you will have to trim the fairings anyways. Not sure if that helps or not....
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            My Pre-98 full V&H SS2R fits on my 2003 Bandit motor (In my 92 frame) without any clearace issues. It does hang lower and farther back that stock though, but the pipes are so big you will have to trim the fairings anyways. Not sure if that helps or not....

Went with an 05 750 header I bought off EBay. Still have to grind the welds like I did on the 600 header. The ss2r I mentioned in the earlier post is still for sale and new in box!
            Streetmach.

Comment

There you go Street. It could work or it might now work. You could always resale it if it does not work.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
              X