X

Black muffler Coating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black muffler Coating

Anyone know of a product to redo black mufflers to restore the Black? - Not looking for a spray paint item.

Originally posted by mambopalace View Post
    Anyone know of a product to redo black mufflers to restore the Black? - Not looking for a spray paint item.
    VHT may be your only option ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

VHT has a high heat ceramic based coating, but it is a spray can...so, that being said time to get your wallet out and send them out to be ceramic powdercoated to a place such as Jet-Hot, or any other powdercoater you know of doing high-temp ceramic powder. I know Sasquatch was dabbling a bit with it for he and Breeze's pc business, but I haven't followed up on it very well. He may be a good place to start. M&R Powder FX in the vendor section.....

EDIT: Here, did the leg work for ya... http://www.katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90412
      Last edited by teddy; 10-13-2009, 06:01 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        VHT has a high heat ceramic based coating, but it is a spray can...so, that being said time to get your wallet out and send them out to be ceramic powdercoated to a place such as Jet-Hot, or any other powdercoater you know of doing high-temp ceramic powder. I know Sasquatch was dabbling a bit with it for he and Breeze's pc business, but I haven't followed up on it very well. He may be a good place to start. M&R Powder FX in the vendor section.....

EDIT: Here, did the leg work for ya... http://www.katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90412
        JetHot $125 Each muffler, $50 to strip original chrome, $39 shipping.
        I guess I'll leave them as is.

Comment

On a side note now.. would any type of paint on the muffler help it cool down? Ie I know carbon fiber slip-on exhausts don't get very hot.. my stock exhaust is flaming hot for a while after a ride.

Comment

been thinkin about the same idea for my pitiful looking mid pipe.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
            X