X

Post header and muffler on an '89 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post header and muffler on an '89 750

My conversion and the 'mod' I had to use to fit the muffler. The header slipped on with no issues. The rear mount for the muffler did not line up at all, it's about 3-4 inches to the rear of the frame mount. I used a 2X4 rafter hook to hold the muffler up for now (perfect length) with zip ties to keep it from shifting. I also put some plumber's tape around the muffler with a long screw thru the frame mount to secure for now. Bike sounds very nice and this system is much lighter than the old 4-2 one. I'll get a proper mount later. The bumpstop for the centerstand lined up perfectly.

Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Cool, that should work out really well when you get a bracket made.

Nice job.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It's definitely jury rigged now but it works. I want to get a bracket like comes with the aftermarket mufflers, metal ring with rubber cushion.
      Chris

Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I'm thinking you could make one fairly easily... Make it triangular shaped, drill another hole under the one on the mufler bracket so that it won't pivot. Drill, hacksaw, and a grinder would get it pretty close...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's a thought. I'll check into that too.
          Chris

Comment

McGrubber

what ever works I guess

Comment

Working...
            X