X

Modding options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding options

Ok, so I have done some things to my 06 Kat...I did the fender eliminator, integrated tail light, removed the stickers, mesh mod, frame sliders...

I am making my own fiberglass cowl cover (hopefully) and am looking to make a new rear fairing.

Any other ideas for projects, I won't actually be able to get it on the road until the first of the year so I am stuck with practicing in parking lots and modding it. I am thinking about painting it this winter, but want to get all the mods done before I paint it.

I am sticking with cosmetic mods until I get it lookin good, then I will move onto exhaust and jets and......

you can do the windscreen mod...since the kat has a tall windscreen...that would make it more sporty lookin,
    L.E.D. accents?
    Blue Headlights
    integrated turning signal mirrors...or even block-offs
    there's also a guy who did a '01 buell lighting tail on his...
    also design a really cool paint job, sketch it out...dont just do flames or a single tone...

your imagination is the only thing stopping you
    "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Comment

you could sell yours and buy mine, not much left to do to it....

in all seriousness, get some good tires. best place to spend money on a bike, IMO.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        in all seriousness, get some good tires. best place to spend money on a bike, IMO.
        +1

There's a-lot of Metzeler worship here. I just put Conti Road Attacks on- and they're lousy stink'in great. If you're an aesthete, they have a "cool" pattern.

If you're sticking to non-performance mods, stick some leds and reflective rim tapes on. It's always nice to be slightly less invisible.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

agree, tires are a must.
          the crap that comes on those stock suck canoodles.
          i found on ebay the avon set, cool pattern, for 250 (front and rear)
          i like metzeler but when i put them in mine, they didn't last too long...maybe my riding habits had a lot to do with it.

hehe

anyway,

-pegs
          -bar ends
          -you can even go with a hayabusa 240 fat tire kit...but it'll set you back a couple hundreds if not thousands.

it's all up to you bro
          "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Comment

Tinted windscreen might be cool, I'm not much for the LED's, I never ever used mine. But to each his own.

Comment

How much better is it to put a 750cc header pipe on a 600, I have a scorpion slip-on?

Comment

Working...
              X