X

For shnits and giggles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For shnits and giggles

So...after many beers and time to sit and think....I wondered. The pre 98s have the dual exaust. I noticed a lot of people do the 4 into one swap if they want a spiffy can and whatnot. But i was wondering if you wanted to keep the dual look, could you use a dual slip on? such as something used on for examples sake, a hyabusa? or would you have to change mids and headers and all that other good stuff?
    "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Originally posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    So...after many beers and time to sit and think....I wondered. The pre 98s have the dual exaust. I noticed a lot of people do the 4 into one swap if they want a spiffy can and whatnot. But i was wondering if you wanted to keep the dual look, could you use a dual slip on? such as something used on for examples sake, a hyabusa? or would you have to change mids and headers and all that other good stuff?
    It would require some modification to adjust/make a midpipe to fit, cutting the old exhaust pipes to prep for a slip on, working out a mounting options for the joint, etc...

Blazer did it on his with dual Titanium scorpian exhausts, sounds and looks real good too!

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Dan (Blazerzr2) did it, though I think his is mosty (if not all) custom.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Yeah, you gotta saw the stock cans off and then modify to accept the new cans.

Blazer did it with the scorpions, GSXF600S (or something like that) did it with a set of cans off a GSXR 1100.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Blazer did it with the scorpions, GSXF600S (or something like that) did it with a set of cans off a GSXR 1100.
          IF memory sreves me correctly. The cans were from a Yamaha R6. We used stock headers, removed the cross over and remade new mid pipes then added the cans.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDub
            I guess that would make it run a little quieter if it had plenty of fiberglass in both can baffles????
            Would it make for much of a performance change?
            No slip on will really affect the performance unless restricts more than the stock header (which is bad). Changing the full system, starting with bigger headers, can add to performance if the bike is re-jetted and the air /fuel mix is adjusted to compensate. Simply dropping on a high flow exhaust system (like adding a high flow filter) will actually hurt your performance due to the way the carburetors on the katana work (see CV or constant velocity).

:edit: I can't remember who did it, but I remember seeing someone weld on two "cherry bomb" style small car mufflers on that actually looked and sounded pretty nice.
            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Well then, should be a fun road ahead of me (when time and money permit) thanks heaps
              "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Working...
              X