X

SuperTrapp exhaust for cheap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTrapp exhaust for cheap

Ok, So I have used Supertrapp mufflers before on various Hot Rods, Race Car, Motorcycles, etc., So, Why should I pay $500 to $1000.00 I need 2 mufflers my Kat has Duals right. I can purchase these mufflers for $169.95 ea.. Just have the local Muffler Shop weld them on right?
    Ok, I realize these aren't tuned for this specific application. I don't know whether I will need to re-jet or not? I am only cocerned with the look and the more deep mellow sound. I believe this may be a more economical way to achieve my goals.
    I am asking ther Kat Gods here what they think or feel about this idea good or bad. I know that I can add or remove the disc to obtain the desired effect. So, Please let me know what everyone thinks about my idea. I am talking low-budget here I know.

riding in the wind, Michael Bluewolf

Don't even weld them on. You could use a band style clamp, assuming they are the same size as the mid-pipe. You'll also need to devise a support clamp. You could also buy a mid-pipe so you don't have to sacrifice your current muffler. Of course by the time you do all that you'll be around the price of a made to fit unit so all you have done is gained the satisfaction of building your own.

Comment

I got a set back in 1999 for free as part of a trade. Took them down to a muffler shop and they charged me $100 to weld them on. Worked just fine and sounded great very loud.

My old GSXF

Comment

and I love the rest of the "Breakfast in America" album.

J/K...looks pretty cool, but I bet it's loud as heck.

(heck is pretty loud, for those of you wondering)
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post

Harley guys used to give me the finger

Comment

Thanks for the input, The muffler I found has an inlet size of 2" which I believe by eyeballing it with my tape measure, dang Micrometer is fubar somewhere the mid pipe looks to be 2". and yes I would sacriface the originals mufflers for the mid pipes and mounting brackets. Loudness, would depend on the amount of disc you add or subtract. If it upsets the dark side OL'Well. I would think with the defusser and all the discs in place it shouldn't be that loud. Maybe 90 to 100 dbs.. Anyone else have any experience with these on a Kat. Loud as heck sounds kinda overboard. But maybe I'm wrong, I still don't know whether I will have to rejet or not?

In the roaring wind, soon?
            MichaelBluewolf

Hey GregS, I haven't seen a made to fit unit I like the duals would need 2 for less than $380.00 ea. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places?
            thanks for the input.

In the wind.
            MichaeBluewolf
            Last edited by michaelbluewolf; 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
              Harley guys used to give me the finger
              -
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                and I love the rest of the "Breakfast in America" album.

Londob5, I too like the album. I had it on the latest thing back then on cassettes I think it was 2 whole tapes. uuuh, I forget man.

MichaelBluewolf

Comment

looks super clean, anyone know of a link anywhere of them on a kat so I could hear them?
                  sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

At 170 each plus mounting your looking at at least 400 just to put mufflers on your stock system. In the past year I've seen complete 4 into 1 systems, used of course, for a hundred or less on Craigs List in just my little edge of the planet. Or you could get a 98+ header and stock muffler, which can be de-baffled if you wish, for less than that. Or you could get a setup from an old GSXR for cheap. In any event, IMO, your spending a lot of money "recreating the wheel" as the saying goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
                      At 170 each plus mounting your looking at at least 400 just to put mufflers on your stock system. In the past year I've seen complete 4 into 1 systems, used of course, for a hundred or less on Craigs List in just my little edge of the planet. Or you could get a 98+ header and stock muffler, which can be de-baffled if you wish, for less than that. Or you could get a setup from an old GSXR for cheap. In any event, IMO, your spending a lot of money "recreating the wheel" as the saying goes.
                      I agree...I only put them on because at he time I had a stock exhaust and they were given to me for free. As far as making them more or less quiet depending on the number of discs you add, it's really more of a supertrapp marketing thing. It does have some effect on back pressure if you go from one extreme to the other, but there is barely a noticeable difference in Db levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X