X

Baffle yes or no on Yosh????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffle yes or no on Yosh????

Installed a Yosh on my 06. Any benifit to running the baffle other then sound level? My buddie bought a yosh for his Kat and it cam pre installed but mine came in a seprate bag?

It will sound better with the baffle in. Baffle out sounds like a ricer fart can.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I didn't put the baffle in mine. It's still WAY more quiet than a D&D. I actually like it. And it doesn't sound like a racerboy car Scotty!

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Are you guys equating "baffle" for the fiberglass packing?

There were only two parts user-replaceable when I repacked my Yoshi without drilling anything.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I think he means the silencer that comes in the box with the new pipes.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

If the exhaust for the kat is like on my 919.

With Baffle/Silencer.

Without the baffle/silencer...

You remove the 3 screws with a 4mm allen tool, and this is the actual baffle/silencer.

I like running my bike with the baffle, it sounds more stock and a bit more racier, but the increased back pressure gives a bit more power feel and smoothness. Take the baffle out it is nice sound and deeper. I can post videos if you want.

You definately can call yoshi to change your tips. I am tossing around a tip from one of their new tips off a gsxr exhaust at time of repacking...but be warned a fellow 919 rider did it for nearly 180 for a set of new carbon tips.
            Last edited by BarMatt80; 08-01-2009, 11:57 AM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

ahhhh...well the RS-3 doesn't have that option, at least not mine. It has the end cap, then the center riveted perforated pipe.

Comment

How old is it Squiggy?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I bought it about 3-something years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                    ahhhh...well the RS-3 doesn't have that option, at least not mine. It has the end cap, then the center riveted perforated pipe.
                    that is how the older ones for the 919 were. but many have cut that center perferated pipe shorter, and added the ends that are on mine. it is just a tip swap.

at first i hated it, as there really isn't a tip on the end of the exhaust, but i do like the option of adding and removing it easily.

Mine has the same innerds as yours does.

Last edited by BarMatt80; 08-01-2009, 11:59 AM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Does Yoshi sell the baffle separately?

Is I.D. different for the various models of cans Yoshi makes. That is, is there one baffle diameter for all there cans?

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                        Does Yoshi sell the baffle separately?

Is I.D. different for the various models of cans Yoshi makes. That is, is there one baffle diameter for all there cans?
                        that i do not know. i can measure what i got and post those spec's. maybe a member that has a newer yoshi in your shape can post as mine is a trioval.

Comment

I'm gonna call Scout and see if he has my old silencer so you can see it. I did the "install" there- sooo.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                          X