X

back seat cover for kats???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back seat cover for kats???

Ok, so I am a noob to kats and mods obviously, so what is the plastic piece I keep seeing on kats that covers the back seat? I don't know what it's name is, but I know I want one. Do you have to buy a new seat and then install that piece or does the piece simply mask the rear section of the seat and can be taken on and off for a 2nd rider?
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

its a cowl. keep an eye out...they pop up on here for sale every now and again..but they go fast!
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

yep... a rear seat cowl, it simply covers the back portion of your stock seat. it uses small metal tabs to hook on basically. doesn't take long at all to put on or take off, just be sure if you have a feeling you might be riding 2 up that you take it off before you head out, unless you have a place to leave it when you pick up your passenger. as said above, you'll see them for sale on here occasionally, but they usually don't last long as they are a hot commodity. they usually run ~150 bucks
      2004 Katana
      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

There is one vendor on KR that sells a fiberglass cowl.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks for the help guys
          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Working...
          X