X

Help on some mods please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    Think hard before you start installing HIDs especially purple ones. First off, HID conversions are illegal in the U.S. Second, even if you're willing to accept the first issue, the radical color is bound to alert your local law enforcement officials to the fact that you've done an illegal mod.
    For reals ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      For reals ?
      Afraid so. Check out the links in my post above.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Well with that, are there any places I can get orange needles or different colored needles when i switch the gauges?

Comment

Ok, so from reading the links I see that the reason they are illegal is because of the light cut off in the stock reflector housing. Projectors would solve that, HID LIGHTS aren't illegal, but putting them in a headlight that is not suited for them IS illegal. Interesting...very interesting...6000k for me please.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The DoT rules are spelled out really weird. Basically, you can't put HID bulbs in a non-HID bucket. OTH, if you replaced the entire headlight you'd be perfectly legal. Somewhere in the middle is the reasonable thing.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Does anyone know how much it is to replace the whole thing if you can? and does anyone know where i can buy red oem needles for the gauges when i put the white gauges in. AND if you installed the gauges yourself, how long does it take, and how much do you need to know if you were to install them yourself. I almost know nothing about bikes.

Comment

Unless you reeeely want to get into modding your fairing to fit around some headlight designed for some other vehicle or go streetfighter with it you can't just replace the headlight. There isn't one available. That's why some folks install a projector from another vehicle in a stock headlight housing. Takes a bit of cutting, some caulk to glue the projector in and the willingness to trash a perfectly good headlight bucket if it doesn't work. If things slow down a bit and I find myself with some time I may try with a spare headlight and a projector from a junkyard. HIDs sure would be nice...

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by djstormxx View Post
                  ... and does anyone know where i can buy red oem needles for the gauges when i put the white gauges in. AND if you installed the gauges yourself, how long does it take, and how much do you need to know if you were to install them yourself. I almost know nothing about bikes.
                  Another stupid question I want to ask is how hard is it to replace the windshield. looking at getting a ZG SR series Dark smoke windshield

Comment

Windshield is cake . Day 1 stuff . At least on a pre . I hear the posts are SLIGHTLY more difficult , but still easy enough .....
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ok so anyone know about getting oem orange needles for the gauges or will i really have to paint the needles over?

Comment

Ok so anyone know about getting oem orange needles for the gauges or will i really have to paint the needles over?
                        You really have to paint the needles over.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

joe

yea i got the 40 led kit( ten pods of 4) and it turned out great fast shipping and we (KR members) get a discount~10%

Comment

Dang well that sucks, I just want it to look good, maybe ill paint them red then in order to match my bike color XD And thats good to know that the leds are good. I'll be picking that up soon hopefully. Any word on how hard it is to install the custom gauges yourself?

Comment

I'm bumping in order to figure out how hard it is to install the custom gauges if you have to mechanical experience!

Comment

I'm bumping in order to figure out how hard it is to install the custom gauges if you have to mechanical experience!
                                its not that hard at all but it is time consumming
                                Shinny side up!

Comment

Working...
                                X