X

Fully Adjustable Drop/Lift Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    Honestly, these could get adjusted quite often. I still have a short swingarm, as you can seein the mock up pics, so swapping it out and raising it for trackdays is not out of the question by any means. Then, we have several bike shows around the area every summer, so I could slam it right before I roll into the show, raise it up a bit for the ride home....
    I really like this idea. I mean in mid GA theres really no twisty so I have my bike lower, but when I want to go to North GA (Deals Gap) I can just raise it up great idea. Also, I would like to raise my bike an half inch now. Since I put the B12 header on. It tends to scrub.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

OK, tried them on the bike today....

You can see why the factory bolts won't work.

Installed....

waayyyyy to low....hitting my undertail when I sit on it.

3 minutes later, rideable.....

These are awesome, but unfortunately there is absolutely no way to get to the upper jam nut . There is just not enough clearance down there to get a wrench in, and the shock is big enough a crow's foot won't get in there either. The adjustability of them is endless though, and goes quickly. With each turn of the turnbuckle, you can see the arm move in the direction you wish it to go.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        OK, tried them on the bike today....

You can see why the factory bolts won't work.

These are awesome, but unfortunately there is absolutely no way to get to the upper jam nut . There is just not enough clearance down there to get a wrench in, and the shock is big enough a crow's foot won't get in there either. The adjustability of them is endless though, and goes quickly. With each turn of the turnbuckle, you can see the arm move in the direction you wish it to go.
        Any chance you can get a clean clear shot from the under side of the swingarm looking up at the top jam nuts?

Worst case scenario you have some nice conversation pieces.

EDIT: Oh I should mention I have been kicking around a different design for awhile and this just may be the deciding factor in making them after I get done with my suspension. If ya are interested in the direction I am thinking let me know and I will try and explain it the best I can.

Tmod
        Last edited by Tmod; 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

im interested in having that on a pre 750 any designs in works yet ?

Comment

I'm interested for sure, also for a pre 750.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+3 on the PRE 750....would need an approx. price.

Comment

Working...
              X