• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a great purchase!

Comment

let us know how the install goes! good purchase btw
      I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
      Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
      My prayers go out to his family & friends.
      He is the best there was and ever been.
      RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by mjangus89 View Post
        let us know how the install goes! good purchase btw
        The install was easy once I had the right tools. Before today I didn't own a socket set but since I needed a 12 mm socket I went and bought a cheap set for 15$. I was able to reuse the exhaust gasket as the bike only has 6100 miles on it. Maybe this is how its suppose to be done (not to much of a gear head) but I put the gasket in the header pipe then slided the yoshi mid pipe in. It went in very easy turning it a little back and forth.

I do have a question though....Did anyone rotate their rear axle so the nut is on the left instead of the right? That is the last step on the installation procedure and as of now I have not done this. Riding 1 up it seems fine so far but I do ride 2 up maybe a couple times a month with the wife.

Comment

I'm kinda tryin to figure out why'd you'd want to do that? Rotating the axle

Comment

I guess that nut can hit the can if you depress the rear shock enough?

Comment

i've never heard about that happening. guess i'd have to take a looksie

Comment

I just mounted my RS-3 up and hit the road. I didn't do anything with the axle.
                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

i've ridden a good 1500 miles on my Yoshi rs-3 exhaust. I still flip my visor up through town so i can listen to it! oh i just love the sound. especially at about 5 or 6k rpm when it sorta changes pitches. oh i love it!

I live 4 miles down a county road from my girlfriend, she says she keeps her bedroom window open cuz she can hear me all the way home! (Of course i'm keeping at at like 8-9k rpm the whole way)

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCyborg View Post
                    I guess that nut can hit the can if you depress the rear shock enough?

He is correct. Flipping the axle around prevents you from busting a hole in your can. Kenny just did this I think...and didn't Beaner do it too?
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      He is correct. Flipping the axle around prevents you from busting a hole in your can. Kenny just did this I think...and didn't Beaner do it too?
                      I'm a little confused, did they just flip their axle around or bust a hole in their can?

Comment

Working...
                      X