X

It's Hindle Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheriff, think about a scorpion bro.

Heres a video I made, please excuse me being geared like a squid, it was awhile ago, i said F*** it, i dont do that crap anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miRirl-rEms&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - scorpion[/ame]
    (I also have an install video, watch my face when I fire it up, its an amazing thing to hear man. REAL throaty and bassey at low rpm, straight race bike rocket RAAAAAAR at highs)

Also dont forget. Scorpion has a lifetime warentee, never needs to be repacked, polished AND stainless, and you get 50% credit towards a new one if (god forbid) you wreck and its damaged.... $271 sounds like a steal to me.
    Last edited by IndyGunner; 03-19-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I do really appreciate your help Ed. So much in fact I have refrained from using "beaner" this entire thread . Ok,, well maybe now I used it, but you know what I mean. My ONLY issue with the scorpion is that I really want the carbon look. Not for the weight loss or anything like that, but just the look. I have heard too many people say the Yosh is too quiet, and I want to try something other than D&D since I already have one. That's kind of why I have come to the conclusion for the Hindle.

I took a chance on one from Ebay. At $300 including shipping for an oval carbon hindle. I will pick up the midpipe from parts411. With the money I might save, I could get some custom stuff made up at a muffler shop if things dont go together like they should. I will be sure to let everyone know the quality of the seller.
      -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
        I do really appreciate your help Ed. So much in fact I have refrained from using "beaner" this entire thread . Ok,, well maybe now I used it, but you know what I mean. My ONLY issue with the scorpion is that I really want the carbon look. Not for the weight loss or anything like that, but just the look. I have heard too many people say the Yosh is too quiet, and I want to try something other than D&D since I already have one. That's kind of why I have come to the conclusion for the Hindle.

I took a chance on one from Ebay. At $300 including shipping for an oval carbon hindle. I will pick up the midpipe from parts411. With the money I might save, I could get some custom stuff made up at a muffler shop if things dont go together like they should. I will be sure to let everyone know the quality of the seller.

no problem! And im used to it by now, ed, ed bean, beaner, beany etc.

I hope the hindle works out for you man, but fyi they make a carbon too

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          no problem! And im used to it by now, ed, ed bean, beaner, beany etc.

I hope the hindle works out for you man, but fyi they make a carbon too

Are you serious.. I never came across one. Probably because it is never listed for the Kat.

Just for the record I did a search on "beaner" and I claim ownership on that one. I laughed out loud when I saw there was another member named unclebeaner. I thought it was Nero signing on with a new account.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Are you serious.. I never came across one. Probably because it is never listed for the Kat.

Just for the record I did a search on "beaner" and I claim ownership on that one. I laughed out loud when I saw there was another member named unclebeaner. I thought it was Nero signing on with a new account.
            HAHAHAHA I saw that username like a week ago (it was his birthday or something) I thought the same thing oh well....

And you started beaner??? I dono about that id have to talk to my grandfather about that one.

Comment

I bought my Oval carbon Hindle, with the hanger, off eBay for $210. I bought the mid pipe for 100 canadian. I love it, it is quite when you need it to be and loud as hell when you get on it. I ride with Duc's and they always say they love the sound of my rice burner. Funny thing is, I live in Port Perry where Hindles are made and I bought my in the US on eBay. Welcome home my precious......
              Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
              http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post

And you started beaner??? I dono about that id have to talk to my grandfather about that one.
                Ok ok... grandpap probably wins.

Ed, since I needed a couple more bucks to get the free shipping I ordered the Ninja EX500 windscreen to do the low profile windscreen mod. They had a dark smoked one for ~$40. I figured it would be tough to find one cheaper than $30 (even used) once I factor in the shipping I would have to pay if I didn't order it. The Parts411 website leaves a lot to be desired, and there checkout process seems a little scary, but as long as they ship what they say they are selling and only charge the right amount they have my vote.
                Last edited by Cheriff; 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Once you get your Hindle, POST A SOUND CLIP! Please
                  Those are pretty hard to find (only found two from hardlydangerous so far).
                  Last edited by Dom; 03-20-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Ok ok... grandpap probably wins.

Ed, since I needed a couple more bucks to get the free shipping I ordered the Ninja EX500 windscreen to do the low profile windscreen mod. They had a dark smoked one for ~$40. I figured it would be tough to find one cheaper than $30 (even used) once I factor in the shipping I would have to pay if I didn't order it. The Parts411 website leaves a lot to be desired, and there checkout process seems a little scary, but as long as they ship what they say they are selling and only charge the right amount they have my vote.
                    They were perfect for me, I wouldn't recommend them to a fellow KR brother if they were ****.

Comment

The ebayer informed me the hindle will include the universal hanger. Sweet! That is a nice relief. I didn't want to have to make something.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Scheduled UPS delivery is next monday. Had a little panic attack last night. I checked the tracking number and it had "encountered an exception" at customs. Another half hour later it was back on its way.
                        Last edited by Cheriff; 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!
                          Godspeed
                          CSBA #1167
                          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

hindle

Let me know how you like your hindle. I have a friend who has 1 on an fz1000 and it sounds great. I am in the market for an exhaust for my kat 750.

Comment

Ok.. need some help/advice.

I received my carbon Hindle a few days ago and found some scratches.. see below:

The seller has been in very good contact, and I have no complaints with them (probably even praise). They have offered to send another one out (and pay for shipping to get this one back), or offer a $90 refund. That would make the purchase price only $210.

What do you think? Get the new one without the scratches, or take the refund? Is there a way to make them less visible?
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Personally, if there's no way to make the scratches less visible, I would get the new one. Otherwise, even for 90$ they would bother me.
                                But, if they're all underneath the can... might not be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X