Don't know where to begin....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know where to begin....

Hi all,
    I just got an 03 kat 600 about a month ago and love it! It's my first bike. I bought it from an individual and they had put a D&D stainless slip on to it. I have already put a few small aftermarket parts on it (custom katana lowering links, HID headlights, and grips). I think after I put on the fender eliminator I am gonna be done with "looks" mods for now. I am going to get a "chunk" of money at the beginning of March and plan to throw a good $600-700 in it just on performance parts. I have no idea where to begin or what is "best bang for buck". I'll let you know where my heart lies, and then I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

I REALLY want to change the throttle response time. I also would like to help with the warm up process and of course higher performance. I have thought about a jet kit, 750 headers (is that the biggest I can use?), 5 degree advancer, and new sprocket kit. Will this help alot? Is there something that may help better for less? I have a buddy here that is a mechanic and can do pretty much anything, so, any suggestions will not be ignored. This is all I will have to put into my kat for a while, and I am not against putting used parts on. So, if you know anyone with something that may help me out, pls PM me!

Thanks

You pretty much nailed it for performance parts. Grind out the welds in the 750 headers when you get them http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/header.html

You can go GSXR cams if you're keen. Get some good tyres like metzeler z6's. Hell, what am I saying, just go straight to the source........

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com enjoy!

Katana's aren't race machines so don't expect too much. They're reliable, comfortable sports tourers with enough punch to keep us happy.

Comment

Originally posted by adam3203 View Post

I REALLY want to change the throttle response time. I also would like to help with the warm up process and of course higher performance. I have thought about a jet kit, 750 headers (is that the biggest I can use?), 5 degree advancer, and new sprocket kit. Will this help alot?
      From what I hear , YES ! I actually put all that stuff on one dude's bike less the headers at one time a couple years ago . He said the difference was ASTOUNDING .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks guys!!! if you happen to know of anywhere I can find the headers cheaply, let me know!

Comment

Working...
        X