X

quiter aftermarket exhuast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiter aftermarket exhuast

When I bought my 1994 it came with a vance and hines exhaust. Which is extremely loud... So I repacked it with exhaust packing material that I bought on e-bay. It was still to loud so I doubled up the packing and its still loud as heck. A side effect is the bike is running much better with the new packing materail... I like to replace the exhuast with another aftermarket exhuast that is quiter that the system that is on there now. Now don't get me wrong I like the exhuast just is really ticking people off and wakes everyone in the morning. Were I am livng now I the next door neighbor has a new born... Waking the baby up would not be good!

Get a Yoshi. They sound good, and are not obnoxious.
    Originally posted by Nero
    "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
    SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Pre 98 options are very limited.

Noise level:

D&D > V&H > Yoshimura > stock

Maybe weld some gsxr1100 cans on instead?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hindle Stealth
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Where can I get either of the following: Hindle Stealth Yoshimura complete system including headers..

Comment

Brock's Performance is your trusted destination for high-performance products for your sportbike or American v-twin motorcycle.

98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Is a Jardine 16 Series any good?

Comment

none of those will fit a bike that is 88-97. Those are stock dual exhaust. Your options are D&D and V&H. Or you can find a used stock exhaust and put it on. In order to use an exhaust system for a 98+ which are 4 into 1. You need a 98+ oil pan and 98+ oil pick up and header.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  Your options are D&D and V&H.
                  Or Yoshimura, or the Jardine, or I THINK Muzzy has one too. Now finding them...that's a different story.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yoshimura discontinued that like 10 years ago, good luck with THAT I'm talking about systems they still make. Not every system that they DID make.

Comment

Yeah but they pop up on CL every once in a while. If I would have known they were discontinued when I was selling I would have taken mine off my 93 and sold it for $$$$$

Comment

If the bike is a 600 you can still get a Jardine system from denniskirk.com. I've never heard one, but its an option.

Comment

Jardines are nice and loud, close to a dirty dog

Comment

louder that my current exhaust...? From the sound clips I found it sound good and not very loud...

Comment

Ok, I've never heard one on a Katana so it may well be quieter. I just know that on all the GSXRs and kawis I've heard them on have been quite loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X