X

questions on exhaust mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on exhaust mods

i know pepole on here have asked questions like this or maybe not.... i've been trying to come up with a way to somehow do a highmount or a undertail exhaust to my 06 Kat ... is that at all possible ? or im i just peeing in the wind so to speak ? if anyone on here has any ideas or know of a web site please email me at [email protected]

Undertails only work if you can snake the pipe through the swing arm.
    If you can't, don't bother, IMO it will just look stupid.

Now high mount... Check the exhaust forum. Someone did one that looked pretty good as I remember.

Comment

You would need to modify either the frame, the subframe, the swingarm, or a combination of all 3 to get an undertail exhaust that works well and looks good. Alot of work.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        You would need to modify either the frame, the subframe, the swingarm, or a combination of all 3 to get an undertail exhaust that works well and looks good. Alot of work.

Krey
        Or you could try to fit up a swinger from a bike that is designed to have an undertail exhaust and go from there.

The high mount wouldn't be hard at all, just need to get a custom midpipe made and make a cheap hanger from steel stock.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X