X

Header/Slipon Swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header/Slipon Swap

I am using a B12 header on a Pre... I am wondering if any Post slipon could/would/can be made to fit or do I absolutely have to buy a Bandit slipon?

Edit: What is the outside diameter of a stock Post midpipe on the header side?
    Last edited by SHARKBOY521; 02-01-2009, 12:52 AM.

Yeah, you can get anything to pretty much fit, you will just have to get the midpipe to match by bending it, which any muffler shop can do. Hell, I got mine done at Midas. I am plannong on going to a dual exhaust here soon, so again I will be heading to a shop to get the mid pipes bent. They will also be able to make a flange to fit up to the header.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

After I thought about it all I will need is to make sure the pipe is the same diameter since I was planning on making an exhaust hanger anyway so it doesnt really matter where the can ends up as long as its high enough to provide sufficient ground clearance.

Comment

The stock b12 link pipe takes a bolt on can (3 bolt) so i guess you have an aftermarket link pipe or full system

All you need is a slip on with an OD to fit the ID of your link
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

The diameters are either a dead match, or close enough that I never noticed the difference. I've stuck the B12 midpipe into the 98+ kat header, and I've stuck the kat midpipe into the B12 header. It's like an exhaust orgy at my house!

Anyway, the bend seems to be close enough to work either way. I never had a B12 muffler, so I can only comment about the midpipe. (BTW- B12 midpipes go cheap on the 'bay, so all you'd need is a bolt-on can for it)
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a full B12 exhaust and I just want a different can...

Comment

Working...
            X