X

ape cam chain tensioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ape cam chain tensioner

where can i get , or does anyone recommend ape cam chain tensioners? rebuilding my 89 750 engine and want/need better tensioner before i put back together.
    96 neon turbo intercooled nitrous injected
    94 kat 600 into 750

I have it, you can get it from APE

ST750
    Last edited by arsenic; 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I got mine from APE as well, curious as to why you NEED one. I needed one but I have a Kawasaki, the tick eventually got to me.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

he doesn't NEED one, he just wants one, that's my guess.

Comment

my engine is an 89, ebay special. tensioner appears to be ok, but i dont wanna put it back in and have it take a crap. guess i just want one then
          94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

you do know it WAY cheaper and WAY easier to just replace the spring and gasket in YOUR tensioned correct?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              you do know it WAY cheaper and WAY easier to just replace the spring and gasket in YOUR tensioned correct?
              Ya, but it's better to use a manual, than to come back in 12-15,000km, and replace the spring again. Ron Popiel says just set it, and forget it (still have to adjust it from time to time, but why not )

Comment

I agree, a manual cam chain tensioner is WAY better.

Comment

I've been getting by with the origional one in MY 93 Kat , now with over 74k miles on it .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It depends a lot on the type of riding you do. If you primarily ride at very high rpm's and particularly a lot of acceleration and deceleration to and from very high rpm's then a manually locked tensioner is probably a good idea. Most people don't ride like that so for the huge majority an "automatic" tensioner is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
                      It depends a lot on the type of riding you do. If you primarily ride at very high rpm's and particularly a lot of acceleration and deceleration to and from very high rpm's then a manually locked tensioner is probably a good idea. Most people don't ride like that so for the huge majority an "automatic" tensioner is just fine.
                      Yeah, mine didn't like it at all

I got sick of waiting for the automatic to pop over and tighten up so I bought the manual. No more tick
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

my 600 has the tick also. dont want my new 750 to do the same. thanks for the advice.
                        94 kat 600 into 750

Comment

Working...
                        X