X

New can- Where, what and How much????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New can- Where, what and How much????

My 97 has had a 4-1 Motad stainless system put on it at some point before my buying. The guy i got it from says it was a second hand one when he fitted it. The downpipes are still fine and not so worried about them as they are pretty much unseen anyway but the end can is scratched and starting to rust so would like to replace it at some point in the near future.

Been googling all over and am finding very little for my bike other than full systems for around £400 (way more than i have and i dont want a full system) and even most of these are listed as for either pre 95 or post 98 models. Seems that the 96/97 models have slightly different downpipes or something??

Anyways - could you possibly tell me if there are any other end cans that will fit to my bike without too much bodging? Would the cans form previous or post models be too much different? Have heard that there isn't much difference to the bandit 600's exhausts either. Anyone care to elaborate or contribute to that? Can i just buy a unversal one and use straps to fit it?

All help much appreciated - I'm still very new to bikes!

If budget is an issue, I once saw a bike that had a stainless steel "wrap around" on the can. Seems for just cosmetics as the can had a dent. It clamped on the swing arm side out of sight and was consealed well. Sorry, but I have no idea of the manufacturer's name....
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

just cover the can in exhaust wrap or heat wrap until you find something you like!

Comment

Its not blowing or holed and still shines up a bit, just researching for near future

Comment

FYEX muffler Bras

FYEX makes muffler bras and has them for several models of early Suzukis but I don't know if they have them for the Katana

Comment

Working...
          X